• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

how much have you spent

danny boy

And meeting new mates, learning new skills, and having a great time? :good:

I agree :thumbsup:

I also think that it's a very good hobby for kids to take it, it teaches responsibility (if they break it, they fix it so have take responsibility for their actions), dexterity and skill sets that will serve them well throughout life.

I think it only starts to get bad when people take it to an obsession.

I've read posts where people are going into debt to buy a RC car and parts, absolutely ridiculous IMO and a very poor example to set the younger members here.

End of the day it's only a hobby and not worth going into debt for, family, bills and other responsibilities should come first by a fair margin.

I agree :thumbsup:

I also think that it's a very good hobby for kids to take it, it teaches responsibility (if they break it, they fix it so have take responsibility for their actions), dexterity and skill sets that will serve them well throughout life.

I think it only starts to get bad when people take it to an obsession.

I've read posts where people are going into debt to buy a RC car and parts, absolutely ridiculous IMO and a very poor example to set the younger members here.

End of the day it's only a hobby and not worth going into debt for, family, bills and other responsibilities should come first by a fair margin.

spot on...

well...

Been in the hobby for about 15 years (not including a 3 year break before i rekindled my love...)

If i ignore my Pre-Break spending, and just look at what ive spent in the last 5 years...

My Modelsport History alone is over

I have been racing, on and off, for the last 27 years. I shudder to think how much money I've spent in this time. Of course there's two figures - the actual figure and the figure I tell my wifewhistling.gif

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

aint that the truth brother :rofl:lololol yes ive only spent