• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

West Yorkshire bashers NEXT MEET SUNDAY 31st JULY

carlcurtis83

Agree with Scotty, not much about RC'ers.

Tell ya, ya want a job doing properly then do it yaself :lol:

Here's an update on my talks with the local council:

Dear Mr Curtis,

We are currently in the middle of executing a major clean up operation of the lagoon and making it a nicer area to visit.

As for your request about a RC track we would need to know more ie:

• Is it a club
  • Insurance
  • Costs to local authority (if any)
  • How it would be maintained
  • Position/placement of said track
  • Estimates on size of land required
  • How much use would it generate

We need to know if there is going to be public liability insurance available to members, this is to stop claims being made against the council and yourself should any accidents happen.

If you can get back to me with the above details, then I shall forward them to the planning department for consideration.

Thanks

Lorna Durkin

Local Land Charges Officer

So just need to send other details off now, unsure on how I'm going to cover the insurance thing, I know the BMX track isn't covered but then you do use it at your own risk so maybe the same could apply to us??

Looking good carl :)

The insurance this is the main issue, land isnt, as we arent asking them to corner of an acre for us :P

Hopefully we can say users own risk, but the councils seem to be cottoning on to the fact, that r/c's can be 2 stroke, more powerful than mopeds and dangerous! :P we know they arent unless your a tit, but, this is the council :P

keep us posted, im sure a written potition can be written to show the usage, so they can see it will be worth while, can see them letting us in build with the bmx track, due to 'confilct of interests' will be interesting to see how this progresses, nice work, sir, keep us updated!

Scott.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice work Carl. When's the next bash? I wanna try out my new camera that records in 720p HD :D.

Not for a while due to having no RC.

The videos I record are done in 720p, my camera does 1080 but for some reason won't let me use the stabilisation mode when recording in 1080, so just tend to stick to 720p.

I have to admit I thought these bashes had gone for good, the way this thread seemed to have ground to a halt.

The bashes haven't ground to a halt at all.

If I remember, I said I was going to try and do them once a month, the last one was on the 31st of July, so as of now a month hasn't yet passed.

But as Ant (keenan) says we have had the TM bash, which I attended, this was mentioned at the last bash and that I wouldn't have been organising one until after TM. However with breaking my Losi at TM and not having the cash spare to repair it just yet I wasn't going to organise one.

However like you said, there's nothing stopping you guys from organising a meet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

You'd have to be a time traveller bud! It was last year!

Most of these people are in the Leeds bit on here . . . . We were at this site yesterday, you mixed the dates up. .