• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Savage Flux owner club

bulletflux 345

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not 100% sure. They may be off an alza skid plate I've got in shed.

so they go across from either side of the chassis then??unlike the motor plate ones which run along the tvp's. ...if there chassis ones do u wanna sell em pls? ?

Thanks again but I already have one Alza brace to replace the snapped one, wanted another for the rear. Will just wait till dejan has stock again.

Stripped some more of the Savage down and found a few bent screws. Maybe time to change to stronger bolts.

Just purchased a set. Im so impatient! The Integy braces are the same size as the stock composite, unlike the Alza support brace which is thinner. Thanks again for the link :thumbsup:

Also ordered some A4 grade bolts, mainly to replace the m4 screws and a new pinion. Once all that turns up I can start the rebuild. In the mean time I have to clean up all the parts I am reusing. Won't take long, only a bit dusty but I don't want to bolt on a load of new parts and the rest of it be dirty :rolleyes:

Debating a wheelie bar as well.....

yep to wheely bar. ..saves the back of the shell. ....well sort of....lol!!

Im still not sure I want one, its fun trying to ride wheelies without the help of the wheelie bar.

I can go flat out and keep the front end down thanks to the centre diff. Obviously with a light finger on take off.

I am going to be more gentle on this after the rebuild I think. Ive only ran the Savage for about 10 packs since I built it and its in a bit of a mess. Bent screws, dogbones, driveshaft, plastics battered, ESC caught fire, shell mullered. All now being replaced.

I ran it at a bmx track which has pretty harsh terrain and massive jumps which I launched it over, clearing multiple jumps at a time, plenty of really bad landings. Kept going but with hidden damage. Awesome fun but I am paying for it now.

TBH most of what I am replacing is still useable and will be kept as spares(plastic parts)but I bought a few bits and have got carried away :lol:

Edited by DannyP

Yeah that's the prob....balls out flat bashing....or paying a bit more attention to what ur actually putting ur rc through. ....and easing up a bit. ..I did the same when I rebuilt my 2350....got well carried away....spent almost 150 quid at 2.30 am one morning on green ally bits and a dollor hobbizy order.....which I didn't really need the bits but wanted nice new unmarked bits for me rebuild. ..which now looking at it u'ed never know they were new. .and was not really needed..lol!!

Edited by evssv

Money is easy spent in this hobby. I have probably put a bit on this rebuild, not going to be adding it up. Some of it is actually needed, most I could of got away with using again. Only plastic parts I haven't replaced is the gearbox cases, they're in the basket on Ebay :lol: Upgraded a few parts as well tho.

Love the Savage and pennies well spent in my eyes.

Can't wait to get it all built up again. Will update in my thread.

Edited by DannyP