• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

£530 Bargain!!

atom3624

How did you get it from Horizon?

J

jumped on it immediately.  These kind of offers never last long so time to react is key....

My guess is that the UK retailers complained that this was providing grey import channels which undercut them.  Global PRICE FIXING at its finest.  So much for a global, free market economy in action?  As a consumer, provided I comply with local import restrictions etc I should be able to purchase from wherever I wish.  Companies seem to think differently.  Really hacks me off!

The good news is after shipping/tax/fees it cost £542 at my door.  ;) 

• Like 1

jumped on it immediately.  These kind of offers never last long so time to react is key....

My guess is that the UK retailers complained that this was providing grey import channels which undercut them.  Global PRICE FIXING at its finest.  So much for a global, free market economy in action?  As a consumer, provided I comply with local import restrictions etc I should be able to purchase from wherever I wish.  Companies seem to think differently.  Really hacks me off!

The good news is after shipping/tax/fees it cost £542 at my door.  ;) 

Bloody hell,that's great.How did you get away with the import tax??

J

James,

I wanted to respond to your inquiry about the Losi Mini Cooper.  Sylvia has escalated your issue to our compliance and purchasing teams who manage this product and I just received a response and wanted to share with you immediately.

We have been informed that there was a system error that allowed shipment of this product into EU previously.  Our systems have updated and it is now properly restricted.  Unfortunately, this is not the answer you were hoping for.

There is a specific EU version of this vehicle, LOS05007C, that we do not carry in our US warehouses.  You may be able to find this version at a local hobby shop or internet retailer since our systems will no longer allow us to sell/ship to EU countries. Based on the size of the item, I would imagine you will have better luck sourcing it through internet retailers than local hobby shops, but a local shop may be able to order from our warehouse in Harlow and get it for you rather quickly.

My deepest apologies for the confusion.

Beth Wileaver

Consumer Sales Manager

Horizon Hobby, LLC

James,

I wanted to respond to your inquiry about the Losi Mini Cooper.  Sylvia has escalated your issue to our compliance and purchasing teams who manage this product and I just received a response and wanted to share with you immediately.

We have been informed that there was a system error that allowed shipment of this product into EU previously.  Our systems have updated and it is now properly restricted.  Unfortunately, this is not the answer you were hoping for.

There is a specific EU version of this vehicle, LOS05007C, that we do not carry in our US warehouses.  You may be able to find this version at a local hobby shop or internet retailer since our systems will no longer allow us to sell/ship to EU countries. Based on the size of the item, I would imagine you will have better luck sourcing it through internet retailers than local hobby shops, but a local shop may be able to order from our warehouse in Harlow and get it for you rather quickly.

My deepest apologies for the confusion.

Beth Wileaver

Consumer Sales Manager

Horizon Hobby, LLC

So I guess they'd better cancel and refund all the pre-orders from here then.

I hope you went back to Beth and told her you'd love to but the greedy sellers on this side of the pond are still flogging them for double what they are,

So I guess they'd better cancel and refund all the pre-orders from here then.

I hope you went back to Beth and told her you'd love to but the greedy sellers on this side of the pond are still flogging them for double what they are,

Yeah,that 's why I   used to order from the USA for all my large scale goodies.We are taxed and ripped off to death!

J