• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Dunno if it counts as scale bit I have a tamiya xr311 in the post

MrPug

Is this the original one you've kept since then?

Please do not built it! They are worth a fair bit if it's the first original - This is one of Tamiya's first 50 RC's so has a bit of value ;)

If you do want to go down the bulding route,i'd purchase the re-release version,which is worth alot less! clicky

Just something to consider.. :good:

• Like 1

Personally, I don't see the point in buying an RC as an investment and never using it. RCs are for having fun.

Making money is what jobs are for! :P

Besides, what's more valuable: a few hundred quid's profit, in 20 years time, or years of happy memories running RCs with friends or family?

I know which I'd choose. :yes:

• Like 2

I don't think it's such a bad thing to have a shelf queen or a rare un-built kit sitting around. Although I wouldn't want more than one shelf queen in my collection which is why I'm getting rid of my Tc's and buying an 1/8 brushless buggy.

Now my grasshoppers my only shelf queen.

Ben.

Yeah, I agree, it looks really nice, it probably feels good when you look at it, which gives it some value in that regard. I respect that, but it's just not for me.

Put it this way, if I had a shelf queen I know that everytime I looked at it, I'd just be itching to take it out for a blast. It would drive me crazy!

Which is why you must all promise NEVER EVER to sell me a valuable never-been-used collectible RC car, even if I put an offer in!! :tease:

Edited by Praet0r87
  • Like 1

Crack on then lad ;)

It will be a slow burner, for sure as I've not got a great deal of spare time currently... Also, I'm a bit nervous about the body as I've only ever spray painted a lexan body before.. :)

The truck is 1/12th, so I started having a little look around for 1/12 scale bits and bobs but couldn't find a lot. Are there any good websites that do 1/12 military accessories like guns/webbing/rope/chains/fabric/ammo boxes etc? Maybe even a 1/12 passenger to go in the other seat :)

Edited by MrPug

1/12th is a funny scale, don't really know why tamiya chose to use it tbh... Not aware of scale items, time to get creative and make you own bits and bobs....rope and chains are simple (there will be 1:1 stuff that works)...and I'd agree on the modding another driver to fit for a passenger.

Re the body, wash it first, dry, primer in grey, then top coat in Olive Drab tamiya acrylic spray, using light dustings til a solid colour is achieved  :thumbsup:

• Like 1