• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Bashing In Kent

JayAVFC

decent one behind asda in ashford mate, got afew jumps you can go on, not very high but keeps it interesting.

you will often find me there on sundays around 12pm - 2pm along with some nitro runner that come over now and then.

victoria park has a bmx that work great with the baja aswell.

there is also i nice place some where near folkstone, i belive it was a old chalk mine, has a sweet 70ft cliff to jump off, good for 1/8ths and smaller, would anialate a 1/5th though.

if your up for the trip a run at camber sands in any car (baja in perticular though) is alot of fun and has the odd sand dune to jump off.

I know it's hard finding anywhere near me (Hythe)...

I'm currently running through all the off road BMX places I can remember to think of somewhere appropriate...

If anyone finds any please google map link them as I have for this one below....

Hythe Skate Park (Map centre)

Free entry

Tarmac

I have not been to the skate park in a few years and until I do again I don't know the rules on RC cars.

Sandy Lane (Map centre)

Bit of an interesting one to find... best access is from the east end of the lane(on foot) as it takes you right through the middle bowl.

Sand and clay

Many different areas of small and huge jumps within the trees and hills.

David

Hey guys ive been finding an answer for this for a long time :(

im in kent, isle of sheppy to be precise, im 13 :)

any lads near me wanna meet up and drive some rc's someday would be wicked!

cheers lads :)

biggest problem is where not when :) we can join sussex bash, they have nice place and they just done meeting today look at them topic nice pic and videos :) or maybe someone know good bashing place somewhere?

sussex bash :good: is worth the drive i be going again in 4 weeks time mine was the blue savage x in the pics i come from sittingbourne kent . Me and my mates got a couple places we go 1st one is under the new kings ferry brige fly over lots off room down there 2nd we made is next 2 kemsley mill come off A249 head for the mill then at round about turn left then 1st left turn it a nice litte track with 1 big jump 2nd is just down the road we just started this 1 its got 1 jump and we race 4 savage xs we here every sunday.

sussex bash :good: is worth the drive i be going again in 4 weeks time mine was the blue savage x in the pics i come from sittingbourne kent . Me and my mates got a couple places we go 1st one is under the new kings ferry brige fly over lots off room down there 2nd we made is next 2 kemsley mill come off A249 head for the mill then at round about turn left then 1st left turn it a nice litte track with 1 big jump 2nd is just down the road we just started this 1 its got 1 jump and we race 4 savage xs we here every sunday.

Mate!, im from isle of sheppy ! fancy going about with rc's in sittingbourne one day ? i have a slash 4x4 ultimate, would be a quality day out.

could possibly bring my nitro too! good.gif

Mate!, im from isle of sheppy ! fancy going about with rc's in sittingbourne one day ? i have a slash 4x4 ultimate, would be a quality day out.

could possibly bring my nitro too! good.gif

im from faversham was out in sittingbourne at halfords the other night

Glad I found this thread! I was beginning to think I was the only preson in Kent with a Rc car lol....

If you want a bit of flat tarmac with some humps and bumps in it, there is the rotunda in Folkestone which is on the sea front. I take my cars down there to give them a good top end ragging.

Keep me posted if there is any progress with this meet up as I would be up for that.

im in gravesend ilse of sheppey aint to far for me :good: ive been to camber sands for a holiday last year there are some big dunes!

quality mategood.gif we should do something soon have a big meetup with lots of people

we had small bash today in mote park here is small rc track. we was with 5 truck today couple nitro, petrol, electric.so think can do meet in mote park one day. :whistling::whistling:

Edited by barkas

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, just found this thread while trying to find a decent bash spot in Kent. You'd think it being the Garden of England we'd be spoilt for choice!

Couple of places you might also want to consider that me and some of the Kent guys from TamiyaClub go to are The Warren in Ashford (great for crawlers, and the car park is pretty good for buggies if it's not too crowded), Pennenden Heath in Maidstone (just down from the recycling bit) and also the Pennenden park and ride on a Sunday when it's closed is really good too. Mainly gravel and bit of tarmac.

Had a bit of a scope out this morning of some of the other places you've suggested too, although I didn't see the post about Mote Park till I got back.

I'm 40, live just outside Canterbury, and I mainly run 1/10 electric cars (bunch of Tamiyas, 4x4 Slash, and a couple of Axial crawlers.)

Couple of places you might also want to consider that me and some of the Kent guys from TamiyaClub go to are The Warren in Ashford (great for crawlers, and the car park is pretty good for buggies if it's not too crowded)

hi mate not been living in ashford for very long (bout 2 or 3 years) where is the warren?

i know of only 2 decent places in ashford so hoping there are other places (victoria park and a feild behind asda, between newtown and south willesborough)

Theres a great sand pitt area near boughton-under-blean. the only downside is the parking.the only other place i use is a little park in boughton-under-blean next to my kids school,

Sounds good.. where abouts are they then? Boughton is a darn site easier to get to than Maidstone! :D