• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

decent engine for savage xl (picco/lrp)

taiwan

hey guys, time has come to start looking into the powerplant of the savage ive been progessively building over the winter.

ive been scouring a few forums, and the same few engines keep coming up, picco .28 (inc boost) and the lrp28/30/32.

im easily swayed with good looking things, and the picco boost, and lrp32 heads both looks the nuts, but which would be the better? 

basically i dont want an engine to destroy the truck internally. so if the lrp32 is far too powerful, ill give it a miss and take the picco, but at the same time, being an xl on trenchers, i dont want it to feel gutless....

The LRP32 is a beast!!

Loved it in my LST2 spec Raminator.

Don't forget the truck's as fast as the finger pulls on the trigger!! ;)

Nice to have a reserve I always thought.

Al.

• Like 1

Having had a picco and Lrp 28, the Lrp has been much better in performance and holding a tune. Hardly ever tune it for months !

I was disappointed with the picco tbh. 

thats what im scared of Rory. i dont want to get something im going to regret. loads of internet peeps are saying the lrp is the better of the 2 due to torque, but the picco has the better top end. (supposedly)

Edited by taiwan

I have the LRP 32 in my hyper and I think its an awesome engine. Its a bit thirsty though but it keeps its tune well, nice and smooth and its got some poke too. i went up a clutch bell because of the extra torque allowed it

how much would you be looking for Burridge? what does it come with?

bet its nuts in the ST!! lol

About 100 dude, got it from Modelsport a few months back but I'm saving for a Yamaha DT125R so having a good clear out of my RC stuff hahaha. It comes as it did new with the exhaust grommet, Pullstart, carb etc and the brass collet on the crankshaft. Unfortunately I don't have any spare flywheels and clutches lying about to throw in with it, although I do have a 15t axial clutch bell lying about if I can find it :P

I've sealed the back plate and carb,

Only thing I will say that's bad about it is that the cooling head has faded abit at the bottom from when it got abit too hot one time, but as soon as I noticed it I shut it off and stripped it to check nothing was damaged and I can say it's all okay.

I can show you the bore and such if you decide you're interested :)

e0449b22fbee928468c621b44b0aec2e.jpg

If you wanted a good .28 , somebody on here told me the SH red top is the same as the LRP .28, and it certainly looks identical to me... but quite a bit cheaper.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SH-28-P8-4-57CC-2-stroke-Engine-Glow-plug-for-1-8-HSP-Nitro-Powered-RC-Car-H7B0-/331847331072?hash=item4d43a46d00:g:XWsAAOSw3mpXKH1m