MSUK RC Forum and RC News
RC Racer subscription winner!4 comments - Yesterday, 11:13 PM
Congratulations DR.Jan Itor for winning a YEAR subscription to RC Racer magazine!
We also have 20+ other prizes, check them out here. Including another subscription give away on the 1st May!
If you are not already a Gold Member, click here to find out more about the great benefits and how to sign-up! It's just £5 and helps the community we all love to be a part of.
AVID's aluminum chassis for the XRAY T4 '150 comments - Yesterday, 04:37 PMFeatures:
- 7075-T6 (2mm) Aluminum anodized black, Avid logo laser etched, and silver edge highlights on both sides.
- Cutouts added and existing diff cutouts enlarged to reduce weight and increase flex while being thoughtful to keep enough material on the sides for your speedo to hold with servo tape.
- Battery tape on the bottom of the chassis has a cutout slot so it doesn't interfere with ride height checks or drag on track.
- Motor pocket width is decreased and is double pocketed to keep as much strength possible.
- Motor mount flex control hole has been modified with a large bevel on top of chassis to prevent the screw head from hitting chassis.
- Pinion adjustment hole moved to better access the set screw.
- 2mm thickness allows for lower CG and ability to lower roll centers more than stock.
- Chassis shape is smoothed to keep droop screw platforms from digging into the track during hard cornering.
- Chassis narrowed to 84mm allowing the chassis to roll deeper through a corner.
- Recommend for use on high to medium bite conditions.
- The chassis was developed in conjunction with our 1.5mm Hard TD for high bite conditions and our 1.5mm Soft TD (Coming soon) for green layouts or dusty conditions.
ProTek R/C's new,lighter and safer LiPO's1 comments - Yesterday, 04:34 PMProTek R/C’s all-new 2015 “Supreme Power” 100C LiPo batteries are lighter, safer and more powerful. By improving the proprietary chemical composition of the cells, the 2015 ProTek R/C “Supreme Power” LiPos perform effortlessly when charged to the standard 4.2 volts per cell. The new chemistry uses high-density materials that provide additional heat shielding, thus providing a much safer battery pack that is less prone to puffing under demanding race conditions.Keen racers may notice that the capacities have been reduced, which is a direct result from the feedback received from ProTek R/C racers all over the world who wanted lighter race packs. Each ProTek R/C LiPo battery has been optimized for its intended application. There is no need for the extra weight in your car if you’re not using the pack’s entire capacity during the course of a qualifier or main event. The 2015 ProTek R/C “Supreme Power” 100C LiPo batteries are the best cells to date and provide the competitive advantage ProTek R/C customers and pro drivers have come to expect. As a bonus, a set of 5mm to 4mm adapters are included with each battery that features 5mm bullet connectors, so you can continue to use your 4mm charge leads to charge your battery!ProTek R/C “Supreme Power” 100C LiPo batteries are available in the following configurations:PTK-5105-15; 1S “Pan Car” Pack w/4mm connectors 3.7V 5400mAhPTK-5100-15; 2S “Pan Car” Pack w/4mm connectors 7.4V 2800mAhPTK-5102-15; 2S “Shorty” Pack w/5mm connectors 7.4V 4250mAhPTK-5104-15; 2S Pack w/5mm connectors 7.4V 5300mAhPTK-5107-15; 2S Pack w/5mm connectors 7.4V 6400mAhPTK-5108-15; 2S “Square” Pack w/5mm connectors 7.4V 4900mAhPTK-5112-15; 2S “Saddle” Pack w/4mm connectors 7.4V 5200mAhPTK-5103-15; 4S Pack w/“T” style connector 14.8V 4250mAhPTK-5106-15; 4S Pack w/5mm connectors 14.8V 5000mAhPTK-5101-15; 4S “Lite” Pack w/”T” style connector 14.8V 3250mAhSource: Liverc
CR492 - Core RC LAC-20 - 1s-4s 20W AC Charger0 comments - Yesterday, 04:28 PM
The Core RC LAC-20 is an economic, high quality 100-240v AC balance charger, designed for charging LiPo and LiFe batteries from 1-4 cells. The circuit power is 20W and max charge current can reach 3A.
There are three kinds of charge current 1A, 2A, 3A that can be selected. You can select the correct charge current according to the battery capacity.Charger includes charge lead with 4mm connectors and UK plug input lead.
- AC input - 100-240v
- Charge Current Range 1A-3A+/- 10% (20W max)
- LiPo/LiFe - 1-4 cells
- Weight - 176g
- Dimensions - 70x111x41mm
Source and manual can be found here
#105424 - HPI TF-45 / RF-45 2.4GHZ Radio Gear0 comments - Yesterday, 04:25 PM
The TF-45 has the latest Frequency-Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS) digital 2.4GHz radio technology from HPI to give you total control in every situation! With favorite features like End Point Adjustment (EPA), 3rd-channel functionality, adjustable failsafe settings with the RF-45 receiver and easily adjusted settings, the TF-45 also now features customizable grips, a more ergonomic shape and drop-down steering wheel with an all-new look!
2.4GHz radio frequency means you don't have to think about frequency conflicts with other RC drivers in your area - just switch on and go! With the comfortable and lightweight TF-45 radio in your hands, you'll be able to drive, bash and race for hours!
- Frequency-Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS) digital 2.4GHz radio technology
- 3rd channel switch
- Easy binding with the RF-45 receiver
- Ergonomic pistol-grip design
- Grip can be customized for larger hands
- Drop-down padded steering wheel
- End Point Adjustment (EPA) for steering and throttle
- Steering dual-rate adjustment
- Throttle trim adjustment
- Steering trim adjustment
- Servo reversing switches
- Folding antenna
- Top carry handle
- Sliding power switch
- Adjustment tool stowage
- Convenient laydown design
- Blinking low battery indicator
- Only 4 AA/UM-3 batteries required
- Light weight (450g)
The RF-45 receiver has been designed with nitro and gas vehicles in mind. It has a convenient battery type switch that sets the low voltage failsafe cut-off limit. If you're using the radio system in a nitro or gas vehicle equipped with a LiPo receiver battery, just put the switch in the LiPo position. Some nitro vehicle owners use 6v NiMH 5-cell packs (commonly known as 'hump' packs), in this case put the switch in the NiMH position.
Using Frequency-Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS) digital 2.4GHz radio technology, the RF-45 works with any TF-40 or TF-45 radio via a simple and quick binding procedure to give you a secure, reliable connection at all times. Should the radio link ever fail for some reason, the radio will instantly switch the throttle channel to its failsafe position, which you can set to full brake for a nitro or gas vehicle. HPI RTR vehicles already have the failsafe position set from the factory.
If you want to use the TF-45 transmitter with an electric vehicle, then simply pair the TF-45 with an RF-40 receiver instead of the RF-45.
RF-45 Receiver Features:
- Small size fits nearly anywhere
- Frequency-Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS) digital 2.4GHz radio technology
- Simple binding to the TF-45 transmitter
- Adjustable failsafe settings
- Battery type switch (7.4v LiPo or 6v NiMH)
- Short antenna wire
- 3rd channel plug can be used to control lights, winch, etc., or power a personal transponder
- Just 33x26x13mm in size
- Extremely light weight (8g)
- Note: the RF-45 should not be used with alkaline or other non-rechargeable batteries
Gear Head RC 1.9 Five Star EZ-Loc Aluminum Wheels (4)0 comments - Yesterday, 04:22 PM
1.9”, CNC-machined, aluminum wheels with aluminum hubs and aluminum beadlock rings. EZ-Loc beadlock design makes mounting difficult tires a breeze!
Design is reversible, so you can choose between two offsets without having to change hubs.
Drive: 12mm Hex
Width: (with beadlock rings): 1.29?
Offset: -.120? OR -.250?
Weight (each): 2.8 oz
New Team Durango 1/8th scale kits2 comments - Mar 29 2015 02:56 PM
In a try to drive us media guys totally nuts Team Durango have released the information on their four forthcoming new kits at once. Three of the four new vehicles are 1/8th off-road kits so we simply put them in one news piece. The DNX8 1/8th nitro buggy, the DEX8 1/8th E-buggy and the DEX8T E-truggy are all based on hard anodised 3mm aluminium chassis with a patent pending sliding gear mesh centre bulkhead, a design all four new kits including the DESC10 short course truck share. The design allows for simple engine/motor swaps without disturbing the gear mesh setting.
The drivetrain makes use of sturdy steel components including the outdrives, driveshafts and (nitro) main gears while the suspension is of a totally new design compared to the DNX408 and DEX408 vehicles as it feature a front pivotball design and redesigned rear wishbones and hubs.
The shock towers are made of hard anodised aluminium as are the threaded 16mm shock absorbers. The front, centre and rear differentials are easily accessible, a design adapted from the previous kits and introduced with the first ever DEX410 buggy.
The radio box of the nitro variant is very easily to remove from the car for maintenance and cleaning purposes while the battery tray of the electric-powered cars incorporates a protected receiver box to keep the delicate part away from dust, dirt and moisture.
As a novelty all kits come partly assembled with the shocks, diffs, gearboxes and more being already assembled in the factory to cut on building time while securing a certain build quality. More information and educational videos can be found on the dedicated kit sites of the DNX8, DEX8 and DEX8T.
Link: Team Durango website
Source : Area52
XION 1/16th 8 wheel drive SDKFZ 234/2 PUMA army vehicle7 comments - Mar 28 2015 07:50 AM
Full spec awaiting. Source: XION
JConcepts New Release – Finnisher Car Stand0 comments - Mar 28 2015 07:46 AM
For 2015, JConcepts unveiled the latest car stand specifically for the prestigious Reedy Race of Champions. The design team focused on several aspects to debut a new treat during the large event. First, size was a focus and a lower stance was built into the design to accommodate 1/10th vehicles more specifically. The hex shaped design was inspired from the popular locking wheel nuts and Finnisher style wing buttons used within the JConcepts accessory line-up. Side pockets were incorporated as catch-all compartments for body clips, wheel nuts or any small item that is routinely changed during a race event. Cushion pads are positioned at the hex tips to provide support all the way to the edges on any platform vehicle while the large center pads prevent normal slippage.
As a bonus, JConcepts has included a rubber plug option with the company’s logo branded into the surface. To install, simply cut, moto-sand or ream on the pre-defined line in the center area and remove to expose a large hole. Plug in the rubber piece as a grommet type installation and the look of the stand becomes even more custom. JConcepts has included a decal wrap for maximum exposure and presence that resembles the popular chassis tape “Striker” theme.
· Original, JConcepts Finnisher design
· Durable material, matte black finish
· Large and small foam cushion pads
· JC logo plugs for custom look
· “Striker” themed decal wrap
X4 PRO FPV RTF with touchscreen transmitter & 1080p camera4 comments - Mar 28 2015 07:43 AM
X4 Pro Highlights
- All-in-one complete, with the assembled X4 Pro, transceiver, camera, gimbal, batteries and charger.
- Generous 500 meter (3/10 mile) signal range for flight control and FPV.
- Flies with the absolute reliability of 2.4GHz technology.
- Holds position and altitude without programming for easy "framing."
- Shoots videos and transmits data on 5.8GHz for superior reliability.
- Waypoints System lets you program complex flight patterns, flights (using Google Maps) and the "Return to Home" feature.
- Actual Direction option prevents disorientation, by moving the X4 Pro in the same direction you move the sticks!
- Set up fail-safe systems to automatically bring the X4 Pro "home" and land it safely.
- Flies up to 30 minutes on a fully charged battery.
The X4 Pro is a complete package that includes:
- The assembled X4 Pro
- High-definition 1080p video/still camera mounted on a 3-axis gimbal
- 10-channel, Wi-Fi capable, transceiver with Android™ operating system
- Programmable Waypoint flight system
- Parachute Recovery System
- 3S, 11.1V 7000mAh 25C and 2S 5400mAh 1C LiPo batteries
- 2-3S AC LiPo charger
- An extra set of blades
- A set of blade guards
- Neck strap and sunshield
Addtional information and source can be found here