MSUK RC Forum and RC News
Next Prize Draw FRIDAY! Win £100!10 comments - Yesterday, 07:09 PM
Last chance to enter another prize draw! Become a Gold Member before Friday lunch time!
Congratulations to our last 2 winners, Saabmania2 and HYPERBOY!
With Christmas quickly coming up, we have some great prizes lined up in 5 separate draws to help you get the RC you've always wanted under the tree.
and on 19th December
1x £100 Modelsport HPI eVoucher
*These draws are only for Gold Members, to whom I would like to thank for all their support this year. To become a Gold Member and see the other benefits, click here to become a Gold Member!
The eVouchers are only redeemable for HPI branded and distributed products (e.g. HPI, Maverick) from Modelsport UK. Prize is drawn at random from active subscription Gold Members and announced around time of draw date.
Good luck again people!
New 'Killerbody' shells and accessories10 comments - Yesterday, 12:59 PM
Xray X1 formula car kit4 comments - Yesterday, 10:39 AM
Xray introduce their new X1 1/10th formula car kit, designed by Martin Hudy in cooperation Francesco Martini and Jan Ratheisky. The car, that won the 2014 ETS Formula title already in prototype stages, is based on a 2.5mm carbon fibre chassis with a link-type rear suspension to make it usable on a wide range of surfaces from asphalt to carpet. The design allows to run the car with a 2S shorty LiPo battery in transversal or inline position and the electronics in front or left and right of the batterie.
Both ways the steering servo is placed in front of the electronics using lightweight laydown mounts. The steering is made of a single centre bellcrank and composite steering knuckles with both parts allowing for Ackermann adjustments using different balljoint mounting points.
The front suspension uses double carbon fibre wishbones with the lower ones being mounted to the chassis with aluminium posts while the upper arms mount to a centre carbon fibre plate with interchangeable insets to fine-tune the caster and camber settings. Using (different height) shims also the roll centre is adjustable up front.
The rear end is of a link-type design as seen on the X12 and X10 and it features aluminium pod plates and a durable ball differential with carbide diff balls and carbide thrust race. The wheel hex adapters are Tamiya compatible and a small side and large volume centre shock make for maximum rear traction.
The kit is rounded out by two different downforce lexan front wings and a composite rear wing with height adjustment feature. The included bodyshell, again made from genuine lexan, is of a universal design to suit most track conditions.
JConcepts New Release – Zipper Hoodie Sweatshirt11 comments - Dec 16 2014 05:54 PM
JConcepts drops the Racing Stripes zipper hoodie into the hardcore community of R/C Racers!
Available in sizes M-XXXL. Source: JConcepts
Tamiya M05 Version II Pro0 comments - Dec 16 2014 09:47 AM
The Tamiya M-05 M-Chassis platform receives a significant makeover with the introduction of the NEW M-05 Version II Pro!
The M-05 chassis, which was released in 2009, has been a favorite platform for M-chassis club racers for years. The new tweaks and enhancements take advantage of new battery technologies as well as tried and true suspension tweaks used in many of Tamiya's touring car platforms.
Furthermore, it features a number of upgrades, to improve balance and lower the chassis' center of gravity, using a variety of option parts to make it a highly derivable radio control car.
Option Parts Included
- Aluminum Steering Post
- Aluminum Horn for Hi-Torque Servo Saver
- Full Ball Bearings
- DF-03 Heat Sink Bar Set
- Aluminum Turnbuckle Steering Rod
- CVA Oil-Filled Shocks
- Semi-Gloss Black Plated Wheels
- Aluminum Servo Mount (Blue)
RC4WD Trail Finder 2 Truck Kit “SWB”8 comments - Dec 15 2014 05:15 PM
· Realistic Billet Aluminum Ladder Frame chassis with R3 Single Speed Transmission
· Center Mounted Realistic 4x4 Transfer Case
· Yota II Ultimate Scale Cast Axle
· True to Scale Leaf Spring Suspension
· 5 Lug Wagon 1.9 Steel Stamped Beadlock Wheels (Black)
· Mud Thrashers 1.9 Scale Tires
· Realistic Bumpers and Skid Plate
· Chassis Mounted Steering Servo
· RC4WD Scale Shock Absorbers
· Plastic Rod Ends
· Full Ball Bearings
· Length: 15.35in / 390mm
· Width: 8.46in /215mm
· Height: 5.51in / 140mm
· Wheelbase: 9.53in / 242mm
· Weight: 62.08oz / 1.76kg
Please note: Body shell is sold separately. Source: RC4WD
Futaba T4GRS 2.4GHz T-FHSS stick transmitter4 comments - Dec 15 2014 05:04 PM
- T-FHSS (Telemetry system)/S-FHSS/FHSS
- Backlit 128×64 LCD Screen
- 40 model Memory
- 10 character Model Name
- Menu selection
- Brake mixing for large cars
- 4WS mixing for crawlers and other 4WS type
- Dual ESCs mixing for crawlers cars
- Gyro mixing
- CPS-1 mixing
- Advanced Breaking System
- Throttle acceleration
- Throttle speed
- Steering speed
- Racing timer
- Digital trim
- Function select switch/dial function
- MC Link function
- Adjustable trigger Position
- Tension adjustment function
- Mechanical ATL adjustment
- Display switch
- Throttle neutral switchable (Ratchet, 5:5, 7:3)]
- Source: Robbe.de
VBC Lightning10-235mm pan car kit0 comments - Dec 15 2014 04:59 PM
· 2.5mm light weight carbon fiber chassis with slot for optional brass weight
· Low profile adjustable carbon fiber bumper with composite insert for crash protection
· Fully adjustable Front end width, caster, active caster, camber, ride height
· High strength 2.5mm carbon fiber front suspension plate with adjustable wheelbase
· CNC 7075 aluminum alloy bulkhead, caster block and steering knuckle
· Optional inline front axle
· Included 2 type of servo mounts for mini or standard size servo
· Carbon fiber adjustable rear shock mount
· Ultra smooth TBB big bore shock
· Adjustable composite lightweight battery mount for shorty or 1 cell batteries in forward or backward mounting position
· Twin side damper for more consistence operation
· Slop free composite materials side link and center pivot mount
· Optional front spring and side spring for setup suit different track condition
· 2 mounting position for side spring for different racing condition
· High strength CNC 7075 motor mount, rear axle mount and chassis brace mount.
· Wide range rear height adjuster to suit wider rear tire diameter range.
· Extra strong 3.5mm carbon fiber motor mount brace
· Light weight short drive hub for wobble free high speed application
· Ultra strong light weight carbon fiber main shaft
· Rear pod with integrated fan mount
· Over size rear pod for mounting brass weight for better weight distribution and tuning options (available separately)
Reflex Racing RR12 1/12th scale kit0 comments - Dec 15 2014 04:54 PM
This is the all new RSD RR12 12th Scale car kit. Designed and developed in House at our testing facility, our new 12th Scale kit takes versatility, adjustment, performance and simplicity to the next level by refining the way a 12th scale is constructed.
The RR12 has several innovative features not seen on other 12th scale cars before. From our integrated, revolutionary uni-mount shock/servo/antenna mount, to our adjustable wheelbase motor pod, the car is loaded with features which makes the RR12 the most adjustable and versatile 12th scale in the market today!
Full information and a range of images found here
Powerstar 4PX alloy brake lever5 comments - Dec 15 2014 04:49 PM
To fit the Futaba 4PX radio - Additional information pending. Source Powerstar