• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Rc car for a 5-6 year old ?

Duo

Hi my son has already got a carrea rc snake thingy car which he likes but not so easy to steer,which has been made worse after I ran over it with my slash a t 30 mph and sort of bent the rear axel of his car. Want to get him something that has a wheel transmitter and can run on short grass so we can drive both cars together , not bothered what scale or whether brushless or not. Want something quite sturdy and able to take a crash but not sure on want to get him the budget is

Tamiya makes quite a few good kids' models which are tough, cheap and easy to fix if they do break. There is the Lunch Box as already mentioned, as well as its Wheelie siblings. Also worthy of consideration are the Mad Bull monster buggy, the WR01 truck (Wild Dagger/Twin Detonator/Double Blaze/Dual Hunter) and the Rising Fighter budget buggy. These are the ones I can recommend from experience, and there may be others too.

My lad had a Mav Strada MT for his first Truck at 6. He loves it! It's a big truck @ 1/10th for a 6 year old! Only problem was we could only bash near where we parked as he couldnt carry it..

He had a brushless combo in it for xmas and loves running it around the local fields! :hahadance:

Looking at a maverick the other day its a toss up between one of them and a tamiya. Also liked the look of the koysho sandmaster but know parts or koysho are hard to come buy.