• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

i would reccomend putting theses in the list of tires to get http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-10-Scale-Monster-Truck-Off-Road-Rubber-Tyre-Tire-x-4-/250567265659?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item3a56f90d7b

the grip is unbeliveable on grass and mud :D also dirt cheap and last ages

i would reccomend putting theses in the list of tires to get http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3a56f90d7b

the grip is unbeliveable on grass and mud :D also dirt cheap and last ages

Thanks for the suggestion, I added them to the list :) , and might have to get myself some next time I need some new tyres.

Worthwhile upgrades:

RPM front A arms and RPM rear A arms - alot stronger than stock, although the stock ones are pretty strong.

HPI blue rear springs - stiffens up the rear a bit and gives alot better handling

Edit alloy rear hubs - Look awesome and are stronger than their plastic counter parts

Edit alloy caster blocks - Look awesome and are stronger than their plastic counter parts

Diff shafts / axles- they wear over time, although you can swap them over to double there life. They will need replacing eventually so its nice to have spares for when you need them.

Are these parts that you've broken and upgraded or just upgraded straight away? i've never broken arms hubs or blocks and I bash pretty hard and i'm still on original diff shafts and axles.

• Like 1

Are these parts that you've broken and upgraded or just upgraded straight away? i've never broken arms hubs or blocks and I bash pretty hard and i'm still on original diff shafts and axles.

Got to agree most of that is completely not needed my firestorm is 6 months old and been launched 30ft regularly its hit concrete post and all sorts. All I have is t bones and longer springs. The rest is a way to waste money

• Like 2

Hi Roobz,

I used these all round: http://www.modelsport.co.uk/hpi-spring-13x70x1.1mm-13-coils-blue-hard-/rc-car-products/14832

dont have to crank the susspension to max stiffness and have it ridding tall anymore, havent started tuning the front yet, pretty good on minimum setting at mo.

Hi Roobz,

I used these all round: http://www.modelspor...-products/14832

dont have to crank the susspension to max stiffness and have it ridding tall anymore, havent started tuning the front yet, pretty good on minimum setting at mo.

I also may try them :) thanks

I prefer crawling at the moment now :)

Storms electrics will be 7-14 days .

Upgraded the castor blocks and hubs staright away due to them being reduced by so much on the HPI clearnece corner, and the arms I replaced as my firestorm was second hand and the suspension arms were in a pretty sorry state, I saw the RPM arms and got them, they have a bit of flex in them but not quite as much as stock. The car has had some pretty bad crashes and the RPM arms have survived very well, and I think the fact that they aren`t quite as flexable as the stock ones, give the car slightly better handling.

sorry i know all this is in the thread but its getting to big to read now :P

i need some new rear tires. ive just been using ground assaults but i fancy a change now. mostly on short grass but we do go to a bit of waste ground wich is hard pack.

are there any better fronts? they seem to have no grip anywhere?

ive seen that you can use different/longer springs got a link?

Regarding the T-Bones, you should see where they go onto the bottom of the chassis, take the screws out, line up the bumpers and screw in! There is screws provided with the T-Bones to use, but beware of the very back screws, the T-Bone ones seem to be too long and hit the motor can, so I used a pair of the front ones (stock ones) the ones that were between stock rear length and T-Bone rear length and it was fine!!#

Hope it helps,

Cam