• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi xxl best break in

Scorey

Perso i use the traxxas break in method for my engines and its been very succesfull, i have one engine past 30 liters (but i do look after my engines though)

tank 1 1/4 throttle for 2 secs and let off, repeat till tank is empty and let cool for 15mins

tank 2 1/2 throttle for 2 secs and let off, repeat till tank is empty and let cool for 15 mins

tank 3 1/2 throttle for 3 secs and let off, repeat till tank is empty no nead to let it cool between tanks 3 and 4

tank 4 full throttle for 3 secs and let off, repeat till tank is empty no cool down between tanks 4 and 5

tank 5 full throttle for 5 secs and let off, repeat till tank is empty..

During the break in dont blast the throttle but gradualy build up revs till 1/4 throttle or 1/2 etc

After this you can start tuning for performance.

Thats the basic look at traxxas break in but if you google it you will get a more in depth write up.

traxxas break in worked for me, but I use my own variant:

1. Idle until it runs empty

10-15 min cooling

2. Run for 2 secs 1/2 throttle and let off

10-15 min cooling

3. Run for 3 secs 1/2 throttle and let off

5-10 min cooling

4. Run for 2 secs 3/4 throttle and let off

5-10 min cooling

5. Run for 3 secs 3/4 throttle and let off

5-10 min cooling

6+ The car is now broken in, but I will tune it once I notice no more performance improvements (after 7th tank on my Truggy)