• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

**Hyper 7 Club**

Stock knuckles are pap... Only fit for the spares box incase you ever damage the cnc ones...

Should just buy cnc ones right off the bat... Especially if you run onroad, as curbs are cast aluminum worst enemy!

Cnc ones, thoe expencive, are a necessary upgrade, my first hyper I put off getting cnc ones cause

Stock knuckles are pap... Only fit for the spares box incase you ever damage the cnc ones...

Should just buy cnc ones right off the bat... Especially if you run onroad, as curbs are cast aluminum worst enemy!

Cnc ones, thoe expencive, are a necessary upgrade, my first hyper I put off getting cnc ones cause

Got my 2nd hand Hyper off a user on here today.

OMG what a mess for a car that was sold with only a few weeks use it was a mess.

For a start the car was propper caked in mud not even cleaned or a wipe over with a rag :confused:

Got the car out and rolled it on the floor and it just all jammed! I was like wtf!

Once i took the fuel tank out i could see the problem. The Engine had moved ( Locite Boys ) a good couple of mm so rather than meshing as it should it was clicking over the gear..

Prat prob has been bombing around like this hence why he sold it on as he thought it had broke!!!

Anyway small adjustment and it was sat back where it should and moves freely. Gave it a good clean in the bath with the shower as it was caked and it came up pretty good.

Servo had been uprated on the steering but was still crap so thats been taken out and 2 power hd 1501 units ordered up. Find these very good for the cash and work very well on my HPI trophy. The car came with a 6v battery pack but that was installed like a pile of poo as they had hacked a hole in the side of the reciever box to poke the wire through.Also I hate the hump pack on these as they just look **** as they hang out... I like things neat so ordered a new reciever box up (Unbutchered) that comes with the nice straight battery holder to hold the flat block 6v battery pack. Looks a hundred times neater and this time i will fit it as it should with the wires through the standard slot :D

Also added the new Jammin Jp3 pipe, always have good results from theses also have one on the hpi car..

But yeah what is it with kids owning these who have no idea lol go back to Argos rc kits !!!!

Edited by turbodaz

No i didnt fella wish i did now.lol. Got a broken ankle at the moment so was just scooting about on the floor sorting it out lol

I bought the spare box and holder for the flat pack for £5 so no biggie.

Edit this one so the batts sit in a line.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k122/c6eth/b12a8259.jpg

Edited by turbodaz

So what did you get with it Daz? You got a humpack but want the inline so bought one of those?

I'm confused.whistling.gif

As for the Hyper 8 box, I've been told with minimal modifications they do fit so that's what I'll be trying when I cba.

Far neater although tbh, even with proper humpack installed I think it still looks pretty neat.

So what did you get with it Daz? You got a humpack but want the inline so bought one of those?

Yes it came with a humpack battery but they had made a big hole in the reciever box to thread the wire through which just was filling up with crap as a result of the hole lol..

I had seen the picture above awhile ago with the flat pack so had already thought id buy one.

Car came with glow charger/starter and muilti battery charger . Other than that it was std.

Tbh, the stick pack holder does have a better hold than the humpack type so no need to wedge it in with sticky stuff and

cable tie round as well.wink.gif

So rather than thread the charge lead back out of the r/x box like most of do, they just jammed a big hole in the side for

ease/speed? Odd.

Has anyone flipped the center diff on a Hyper 7 to mount a brushless conversion (with the motor towards the front) without having to cut another hole for the spur? I am trying to do it so I don't have to cut another hole in chassis for a spur and think it could be done with some spacing. Problem is I don't know how much spacing!

Has anyone flipped the center diff on a Hyper 7 to mount a brushless conversion (with the motor towards the front) without having to cut another hole for the spur? I am trying to do it so I don't have to cut another hole in chassis for a spur and think it could be done with some spacing. Problem is I don't know how much spacing!

think most cut new hole mate..

my hyper st has 1 cut its no biggie hardly notice it...