• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

I didn't like using stainless screws on the diffs i.e underneath the plate and for the hinge pin holders, too soft. I'm using the 3.5 & 4mm tensile from the Vorza on the diff cases (very strong) and stainless in the less stressy areas. I looked for the longest bolt used on the rest of the areas on the Trophy in the manual and then ordered a big pack of that size from boltbase ebay seller for about a tenner. I then cut them to size with a dremmel as and when needed.

well guys beautiful weather for bashing.

been out on a track for 3 hours,car got ditched...

got home and spent three hours cleaning and looks like new..

also whilst stripped down replace all m3 nuts with orange aluminium ones also fitted a exhaust gas cooler...LOOKS MINT...

P.S THIS IS NOT A SHELF QUEEN....LOL

Edited by chrisp
  • Like 1

Wow, that is clean.    

Has anyone ever had any issues with brake cams being tight, almost like its being squashed between the centre diff mount and the diff plate?   Im using an edit lightning stadium centre diff mounts, i never had any issue when i was using the lightning buggy one (i still have that one but a stadium one came up on ebay too cheap to pass on.

Allan

took truggy out yesterday in this heat(36 degrees).after a while started to handle like crap...

got home to look but couldnt figure out a first what it was.

stripped down shocks and found shock oil like water.

could it have been the heat that affected this??????

has any one else had this?????????

changed oil now all ok...just like new...

took truggy out yesterday in this heat(36 degrees).after a while started to handle like crap...

what wt did u have in there? ?oil gets thinner the hotter it gets...but shouldn't stay that way once cooled... Edited by evssv

Which brand you using? What weight / CST?

Which brand you using? What weight / CST

dont know what wt it was as it was the original oil which came with the truggy when new(about 8 months ago))

now i have put 60wt in them....hpi brand.....

is that any good?????????????

dont know what wt it was as it was the original oil which came with the truggy when new(about 8 months ago))

now i have put 60wt in them....hpi brand.....

is that any good?????????????

Very weird that the oil thinned out like that. 60wt is pretty heavy I run 50wt in rear and 40wt in front with the pulse but Bores. See how it rides you might like it that way

Just went out for a bash and tore the brand new roadrage front tire right off the rim ERRRRR!!!!

That's this rubbish Traxxas bead style all over again. Doesn't hold well at all imho.

Were they pre-glued or done by you? I did that first time out with the Shockwaves so I got the Dremmel out with the round cylinder shaped sanding attachment and lightly sanded both rim and tire bead. Glued it in dot stages all round at opposite ends each time ie: 12 o clock-6 o clock - 3-9 etc. Left it a bit then splattered it afterwards. Has held fast since but took a while to do.

I glued them myself. I had a set of pre glued but they ballooned really bad so I belted these. It was also my first time gluing tires. I'm gonna try what you did with the dremel but the entire tire didn't come off. Only the inside of the tire and about half of it. What do you suggest I do?

Can anyone recommend a grub screw to hold the pinion gear on, preferably not made of play dough

I haven't found a direct replacement for it because it needs to be so short to clear the mount.

However I do this every time with mine and never have a problem:

For those peeps who's pinion's and diff pinion output joints come loose  grrrrrrrr! If you look at the grub screws some of them only grab around the outer edge and kinda look like they have a inverted point in the center like so:

m4-4-hexagon-socket-set-screws-grub-scre

These are c**p and slip all the time.

Buy slightly longer ones from any M4 for the pinion, M5 for the cup in 12.9 grade tensile and grind them flat like so:

5.jpg

No more problems.

I usually get these in a pack of 10. I have tried ones in 4mm length and they all catch the mount and need cutting down which is why I get the 6mm to give some leeway. Only

Edited by dazp1976

Slight problem guys. my wife who hates my car has offered an olive branch I think, she has brought me a set of tyres but they are way to big. (Proline 3.8 big joe) I suggest Ill send them back and get he correct size but she now thinks I'm an ungrateful git. My question is if I got the correct wheels to go with them would they fit on my truggy. I can't win.

I've not really had chance to run my buggy flux for a while with my time being spent fixing up the other 3 cars. I think it's time for some plug and play this weekend as the savage is a bit temperamental haha twice I've carried it up to the bash spot for it not to work....

• Like 1