• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

inside the bag there is a box, its made from plastic pertection, so the ends of the drive shafts where you screw the wheel nut on, does hit and scrape down, however I am not so bothered by this, over time the plastic will flex more ext.

Thats not to bad, I'm guessing u haven't done the hex conversion which might eliminate the plastic getting scratched by the long screw.... This bag could be the way forward!!

Deafty if I know the answer I would help! Are you still running the ofna force engine? I've not had one problem with it since break in and think ive only changed the glow plug once and I bash hard every wkend....

Tho I know u heat cycle and I use the other method :whistling:

Have u thought of going back to the standard clutch bell and seeing if you still have the same problem. If u do u will know its not the clutch bell and then can think of something else? Just a though

Yeah still .32 Ofna.

Engine is in good stead, It has been completely rebuilt and is even better than the other old .32 which is currently having the crankcase screw threads repaired.

New Carb (identical) is slightly better too, better fit of slide and barrel (though minimal).

Yesterday morning I inspected the clutch (still using stock one from my break in) The Clutchbell spun freely with no unusual noise but opened her up too be safe and found that the spring had blown open! So replaced the complete stock clutch with another known to be good stock clutch and spring before going out for a good session yesterday with 1 litre run through engine. Oh and removed fuel filter. Ambient temps were warmer than last outing and true too the tuning bible it all needed leaning out a little. Still Rich but shes new.

I was so tempted to lean her out for some crazy fresh engine power but withheld the temptation ,..just. lol :030: . Though hopefully today I can get out and she should be fine now with an attempt at it's 1st near race lean setting.

Here's my Glow Plug after 2.5litres: The strip of light on pic is what she really looks like

OS322ndEngine15Litre.jpg

I ran 1 tank and 1/2 way through leaned HSN as too rich for the day @ 1/12 , Wanted to run richer than last session so this proved ideal.

During 2nd tank and up too good temp I was checking LSN which needed leaning more than 2 1/12th's! Very surprising so I held back from going leaner and after running some more leaned HSN some and was happy with her but still a tad rich which is good.

However! during low revs on a slope (Large BMX table top incline) Engine just cut. Very sudden and occurred more than once. Not able to really tell if it bogged down and cut or just cut. And wouldn't start again straight away. I'm thinking LSN is still too rich and it bogged from too much low rev running. After a WOT pass she can come to a screaming halt and idle very well! Punch test 10 secs later is right on that point of not bogging sputtering and rips off the mark. So a bit baffled really, Next step is Lean LSN.

Note that When I say Next step It means that once I have tuned in for the day to the same engine responses as last session I will then Lean LSN.

Still had bluddy good fun, broke my 1st shock cap (rear) and also front left inner steering rod housing. And lost a grub screw. Replaced last night and tried my hand a little cleaning lol:

13102012291.jpg

13102012290.jpg

Got most of the minor dirt out :whistling: and will head out after lunch. :yes:

Edited by Deafty
  • Like 1

Got to say they are as ugly as sin but a good idea non the less.. I'd use some sort of mesh as well to stop any small stones or the likes getting in and getting stuck in the spur .. personally i just use a heat sink and fan

Nice idea. My only concern with them would be the amount of air going under the chassis at high speed. Bound to add drag and possibly lift the shell off the pegs. Having said that tho the trophy shell is pretty open at the back so should be minimal. Had any issues like that?

Been toying with adding some air holes to my shell as the XeRun I have in runs a tad warmish on the motor side of things. Added a few to my XT2e shell with no problem.

No problems at the moment with the body. Can't afford extra body bits an stuff like that this is a cheep an minimal fixes I do for people who struggle with money like me. To be honest no stones have ever entered the air vents. Or any body lift because I use rubber washers to keep the body down real tight. Also harks any dirt or crap go down because the wheels flick all the dirt above the air vents. Just perfect. They do look kinda bad and crap but they work a treat.

ShadowDemon: Are you still using the stock pipe that came with the .32 engine?

I am! Well I was until the little accident I had with a thunder tiger...... Rather dented now so will be investing in a jp3 very soon!!

Why u ask?

Cos I now think I have identified the engine problem. Heat from clutchbell has been sorted. The exhaust outlet on the .32 has a flat cut away at the bottom so the starter backplates can fit. Somewhere along the line I replaced the stock .32 pipe with the Trophy's stock pipe for a noticeable improvement. And this is where the fun begins.

Everything was always fine tune wise until I started jumping and general bashing. The silikon gasket got torn which I believe to have allowed an air leak probably causing engine to randomly cut out. I have undergone an attempted fix. Using High temp silikon (that I used for sealing the engine) I have "filled" this gap between exhaust outlet and backplate. Made sure it was smooth and even (about 5mm deep).

I also took the dremel to the rotobackplate and very carefully rounded out a groove so that when the exhaust is mounted it no longer squishes the gasket into the rotobackplate.

I will be heading out later today for test run to see if this has fixed my problem.

I Post this cos you r considering getting a new pipe and will presumably need to do the same thing.

To be honest no stones have ever entered the air vents.

Not to mention the fact that the Trophy Buggy Flux fills with crap after around 5 minutes run time off road anyway lol

well there is a problem with yours. My font get much dirt in it at all

Grass and small stones get up under the Trophy Flux body shell - its a common problem where its so open at the rear and the front. My XT2e suffers the same problem. Depends on the surface your running on though and how hard your bashing :) Its not severe, just aggravating :)

I recognise your name from youtube :)

Grass and small stones get up under the Trophy Flux body shell - its a common problem where its so open at the rear and the front. My XT2e suffers the same problem. Depends on the surface your running on though and how hard your bashing :) Its not severe, just aggravating :)

I recognise your name from youtube :)

haha my buggy don't suffer from dirt or stones. Weird huh? Well thanks for recognising me from YouTube hahah that's pedometer thanks bud.

haha my buggy don't suffer from dirt or stones. Weird huh? Well thanks for recognising me from YouTube hahah that's pedometer thanks bud.

I actually had to look up one of your vids to jolt my memory on T-Bone racing as I forgot the company name and wanted some bashers bumpers lol.

OK so ive just gone to run the buggy and thought i was going mad when I couldn't find the pull start until I noticed the hole where the string and handle should come from so it would appear that last time i ran it it has somehow broken. do i need a new one or is it repairable.

AWSOME thanks for tellin me. Please check OI our new channel rcvidsuk. We have new content on there now.

Will check it out after work. I need to get a vid done on my Trophy Buggy and all my mods lol. It flies lol.

ShadowDemon: Are you still using the stock pipe that came with the .32 engine?

I am! Well I was until the little accident I had with a thunder tiger...... Rather dented now so will be investing in a jp3 very soon!!

Why u ask?

Cos I now think I have identified the engine problem. Heat from clutchbell has been sorted. The exhaust outlet on the .32 has a flat cut away at the bottom so the starter backplates can fit. Somewhere along the line I replaced the stock .32 pipe with the Trophy's stock pipe for a noticeable improvement. And this is where the fun begins.

Everything was always fine tune wise until I started jumping and general bashing. The silikon gasket got torn which I believe to have allowed an air leak probably causing engine to randomly cut out. I have undergone an attempted fix. Using High temp silikon (that I used for sealing the engine) I have "filled" this gap between exhaust outlet and backplate. Made sure it was smooth and even (about 5mm deep).

I also took the dremel to the rotobackplate and very carefully rounded out a groove so that when the exhaust is mounted it no longer squishes the gasket into the rotobackplate.

I will be heading out later today for test run to see if this has fixed my problem.

I Post this cos you r considering getting a new pipe and will presumably need to do the same thing.

Thats fixed it.-sweet! had a good bash at local BMX track. Might actually seal the whole thing in to be extra secure.

Oh and had my 1st run with My Badlands 3.2 Tires. Freaking unbelievable!! Highly reccomended!! Though hard to come by:-->3.2 that is.

OK so ive just gone to run the buggy and thought i was going mad when I couldn't find the pull start until I noticed the hole where the string and handle should come from so it would appear that last time i ran it it has somehow broken. do i need a new one or is it repairable

.Well you definetely need a handle if thats gone AWOL but whle u r at it get something like this: Extra strong "Unbeakable" String.

LINK. U could go roto start but it TBH it aint much better. I would go with a starter box. Less hasle unless you walk with it through the woods or the like.

Edited by Deafty