• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

So the c hubs are incorrect!? Manufacture on 1 of the website said they were for the Truggy. Thats BS. I would be scared of fitting em with the horizontal fixing cos if that pops off the whole CVDcan blow out which is likely to cause a big mess. Perhaps a U shaped plate can be mounted on top so its back to the original Truggy design? Should be room on the top abck of C hub for another screw hole perhaps even with a nut under it.

1 flat pce alu bent on 2 sides with the base cut to fit the shape o the alu c-hub top. Holes through both sides, then use alu/steel pipe if needing to many shims.

1x dremel and 1x vice shouild be all thats needed and perhaps 1xheatgun

Only an idea though..

++++

What do we know about higher geared clutch bells and heat?

It appears my carb is overheating from the incredible amount of heat generated from a vented clutchbell that sits (as u know) almost underneath it.

My tune is good (still a tad rich as engine is new) Glow plug temps are fine, on the lower end as I'm a tad rich. But I could hear the fuel boiling at 1 point inside the carb.

After a good 1 1/2 tanks the engine cut when I came off WOT, My LSN needs to be a little leaner but pinch test then comes in at 2 secs,.

Any thoughts? and please refrain from the nitro bashing if u run on Lipo's. It's a serious matter as i need to keep this engine in good stead.

Thanks.

Edited by Deafty

As i already said those C hubs are for the buggy but you can make them fit on the truggy .. Not sure if you guys might remember but i did say way back that my friend had them and on his truggy they ovaled out on him .. If the web site states they are for the truggy then its an out and out load of old bull and id ask them to fit them to the truggy as a direct fit .. If it where me I'd send them back and ask for a refund as its there mistake for wrongful advertising

• Like 1

Yeah that's a real shame, I'm surprised no one caught on and posted on it. I see a big benefit with alu c-hubs, especially if running with a wider offset. I'm starting to feel that some of the information provided here isn't exactly "on the money". I linked those c-hubs here after receiving it from Davongamer. Now he's not to be blamed cos he only has buggy's. But the only response on them was from MyDoddy who offered up what he knew on the matter again not to blame. It's as though none of us caught on to the subtle mounting issue. I ask that if any of us see or think something on a matter we post it up.

So now I ask again cos I need some help please:

What do we know about higher geared clutch bells and heat?

It appears my carb is overheating from the incredible amount of heat generated from a vented clutchbell that sits (as u know) almost underneath it.

My tune is good (still a tad rich as engine is new) Glow plug temps are fine, on the lower end as I'm a tad rich. But I could hear the fuel boiling at 1 point inside the carb.

After a good 1 1/2 tanks the engine cut when I came off WOT, My LSN needs to be a little leaner but pinch test then comes in at 2 secs,.

It appears to be vapour lock but engine is not running to lean. Temps are fine, glow plug+button looks good/tad rich

Any thoughts? and please refrain from the nitro bashing if u run on Lipo's. It's a serious matter as i need to keep this engine in good stead.

Thanks.

Edited by Deafty

Ie.... MY ENGINE HAS ARRIVED! haha! pics to come! :D

I hate you. :lol:

Make sure you do get some pics of that bad boy! Going to look a beast with that installed!!

P.S - Stealing your signature strapline! About time someone counter-attacked the "brushless rips, nitro drips" one!! lol Love it!

Edited by TrickyTris

a large parcel arrived today... containing many many things..... some small but powerful and some rather large and light..

Ie.... MY ENGINE HAS ARRIVED! haha! pics to come! :D

Sweet hope the weather holds up for ya break in this weekend :thumbsup:

PS: Thanks for the help guys...

++++

The ever popular Q. Look 1-2 pages back for latest responses on this matter

A: Sav

Edited by Deafty
  • Like 1

What do u mean by a slight rub on the plastic.....???

inside the bag there is a box, its made from plastic pertection, so the ends of the drive shafts where you screw the wheel nut on, does hit and scrape down, however I am not so bothered by this, over time the plastic will flex more ext.

• Like 1

Keep telling you DEAFTY scrap nitro go brushless .. anyway enough about that not sure if its any help but way back when i was using nitro ,many,many moons ago, i used to use the rule cold weather hot plug hot weather cold plug .. Not sure if that's any help to you ..

Another bit i remember is when the weather changed season like now it does get a bit of a bugger to start as there is a lot more moisture in the air and no matter how much you pre warm your engine you cant take that moisture out the air .. thus causing it to overheat and what not as nitro fuel hates moisture .. i have heard guys buying very small amounts of nitro over the winter as the moisture can turn the fuel bad and result in poor running .. Or using a slightly higher % of fuel

Maybe a bit different now days thou as my nitro days where quite a long ways back..This is a bit hazy from memory so maybe not the best info but its all i got sorry fella i cant help anymore

(edit)

Got to say it comes to something when a brushless guy has to help out a nitro guy on running a nitro :tease: Where are all the brushless is crap and nitro is best fellas now come on stop hiding and help the fella out :thumbsup:

One last rhyme for all you nitro heads

:tease: :tease: NITRO COUGHS & DIES BRUSHLESS PLUGS & FLIES :tease: :tease:

Sorry i'm banging on again aren't i :yes: :yes:

Edited by mydoddy69

Got to say it comes to something when a brushless guy has to help out a nitro guy on running a nitro :tease: Where are all the brushless is crap and nitro is best fellas now come on stop hiding and help the fella out :thumbsup:

Thanks MyDoddy. Maybe it's just us old farts that actually care about the running of our hard earned equipment. Interesting about hot plug for cold weather. I'm overheating only at the carb, Glow plug is fine, So I'm off out now to track tune with a richer HSN. I got some hotter plugs but not my favoured OS so will stick it out with the No.8's and will use a little extra AFO to hold a little more moisture out.

On A side note I'm considering a winter project of my Tamiya MidnightPumpkin/LunchBox with a Brushless setup ( :shockingscary: !?), will see how that pans out. It's only 22 years old lol!

Edited by Deafty