• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Thunder Tiger (for MTA4) 3ch jaguar transmitter

jonesinamillion

One of there wanted please...

tx

Or any other TX that I could put my crystals in without modding my RX.

If anyone's got one lying around please get in touch & we'll agree a price.

Thanks,

Edited by jonesinamillion

I've got an HPI radio set that you could have from a savage with reverse, but guessing that you'd need to use the HPI TX & RX together as I'm not sure that it's compatible with the TT gear...? I've have no idea TBH, but you can have both for a tenner and whatever postage is if you want.

Lawrence.

Only one thread per topic,the other one in the MT forum has been deleted,the rules are clear as a bell I suggest you read them,you should know simple rules like this,you've been here long enough dude....confused.gif

By the way in reference to the above thread,the HPI TX will go with the TTR RX,both are 27Mhz AM I believe and 99.9% of 27Mhz AM gear is compatible as long as the Xtals are the same....wink.gif

Sorry Mr T, desperate to get my new truck running so was trying m luck in a more relevant place, it's a fair cop!!!

So it's possible that I could leave my RX in the MTA4 & just swap the xtals from my handset to the savage handset and away we go?

Grumpy, could you please post some details (model / link etc*) of the HPI controller so I can take a look on tinterweb?

edit - is http://www.modelspor...on&ItemID=25952 this it grumpy?

how does the reverse work? The bust one I've got as a little push button?

Does the savvy have 3 servos, one for the reverse?

Thanks

Edited by jonesinamillion

only thing i would add is that if you mix makes of tx's and rx's the servo centre could be off slightly and its just a matter of moving servo arm round on the splines to sort it :good:

Edited by Stormbringer

Sorry Mr T, desperate to get my new truck running so was trying m luck in a more relevant place, it's a fair cop!!!

So it's possible that I could leave my RX in the MTA4 & just swap the xtals from my handset to the savage handset and away we go?

Grumpy, could you please post some details (model / link etc*) of the HPI controller so I can take a look on tinterweb?

edit - is http://www.modelspor...on&ItemID=25952 this it grumpy?

how does the reverse work? The bust one I've got as a little push button?

Does the savvy have 3 servos, one for the reverse?

Thanks

Hiya,

Yep, it's the one in the link, and sounds like it works like the TT does with a switch that you flick when you want to use the reverse gear/3rd channel.

The Savages which have the reverse gear have a third servo that operates the reverse mechanism in the 'box.

Let me know if its of any use and I'll dig it out for you.