• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Suitable engine for a Firestorm

Colicab

ok i know theres like 400 million topics on this already on here but im a lazy lazy man. so..

Whats is there thats a "DIRECT" fit and good replacement for the standard G3.

Secondly ..

What is there thats "NOT A DIRECT" fit but which there is information on and ofc has been done before.

The misses Firestorm has started to develop reliability issues even after a re-seal, its about 2yrs old now so with her more confident with her RC. Thot something a little higher reving than the old Nitro Storm might be in order.

The Nosram RS.18 Evo is a good choice and a very potent engine,it's a standard crank though but thats no big issue.The one i've been looking into is Losi's 3.4cc engine out of the Losi Ten,it's a small block .20 engine and is uber powerful,easily enough to change the Firestorm from spot on to absolute crazy but not certain if it would go into the Rush of mine but if it does it'll fit in the Firestorm,the Nosram has a claimed power output of 1.58ps,about 1.5hp and the Losi's 3.4cc is claimed to have 1.8hp and is I think an SH made engine as it's those guys who make the 454 for the XXL and they usually keep it to one mfr for their engines.

You'd get the Losi pretty cheap on Ebay for a new one,there's plenty of sellers that break models and sell the parts,not sure if Jenny's RC are doing the 3.4cc or not but I guess someone will be,i'd go for the Nosram personally but then mines a Nitro Rush and either that or a T3.0 would be ideal for mine,if I got the Nosram i'd need engine mounts were as the T3.0 has the same crankcase as the T-15 and no mounts are need as it bolts directly to the chassis with the mounts in the bottom of the crankcase...wink.gif