• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

North london Bash No.9!

Bazzokajoe

10 members have voted

1. 1. Where Shall We Bash? (;))

• Trent park
    • Trent park

Can't make this weekend but next Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday are all good for me. Gonna pop over to Woburn Sands one evening this week. Here's a vid of the area :

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/102075/

Mmm.... not sure I'll be taking the big jumps lol but there's supposed to be quite a good area around there with plenty of jumps. Also Gonna try and check out

one day next week at Milton Keynes. Seem to be finding more and more places around where I live which is good. Are there any BMX tracks around North London in a similar vein to the MK and Dunstable ones?

hey guys! remember me? lol

sorry ive been mia the last few bashes. the wife decided to give birth to my son last sunday (alexander) so ive been knee deep in nappies these last few weeks!

love to meet up with you guys soon for a bash trent park looks VERY good and chirs seems to rate it very highly.

as ive said for previous bashes i'll have to play it by ear for the 31st.

@ bazzokajoe - loving your very democratic voting system lol

@ chris. pop around whenever you can to see the little man - also will be up for a bash next week if youre free.

Congrats dude!

havent even met you yet... if you can make it down to this one... its goona be awesome! :P

trent park = huge air!!

I go on holiday on the 9th guys... back on the 16th :) so i will have to give the weekend of the 14th a miss... unless we have a "rest" weekend that week :P

dam... thats not good :( looked at french stores? or irish? those are usually good as a last resort before america :)

try french ebay :)

t bone racing are making me a brace for the macnum :D should solve all my problems and give me a propper bashing beastie

welcome dude..you are lucky...we have 3 locations near you that we use...trent park...grovelands park and hampstead heath..

Id also be happy to try out highgate wood if you want somewhere really local.

Good bunch of folks...tons of knowledge (apart from JJ5590 :rofl: ) and some really cool RC hardware !

When are you free mostly ?

Saturdays seem favourite but me Bazooka and JJ (and sometimes Evil Bob) can do a weekday through the summer

Ill pm my mobile no so we can keep you updated

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I work for myself locally so I regularly have an hour or two to kill on a weekly basis during the day - but its always last minute

Life is hectic with 3 little kids so I can't make solid promises ahead of time during the weekends, but will do my utmost to hook up very soon (hopefully this sat) for a couple of hours at least! I'm away from the 10th to 31st August however.

Another excellent place for an impromptue bash is on the lower fields of Ally Pally - you park at the end of Redston Road and Park Avenue North, N8 (no parking restrictions) and walk onto the field at the bottom - then across it to a vast area away from houses and crowds - I've never had any hassle with nitro there! Here is a link...

http://maps.google.c...019205&t=h&z=16

I've got your mob no - so will call when in the area to hook up!

Thanks for going to the effort to organise it all!

Richard.

after reading through all the threads i have realised that we have accumelated lots of new members to the bash's including me

lots of new places have been brough up and i think that we need to orginize the bash's a bit more as a few members have been complaining that there missing the bash's ect

Before we organize this and make a new thread i think it would be a good idea to think of a name for group of bash's such as other groups have dad such as TM n.e.b ect

tell me your names and we will have a mini vote

Where EXACTLY are we supposed to meet up at Trent Park tomorrow - there is an awful lot of it ! confused.gif

Cheers,

R.

Here's the thread with the car park we use. The site is about 30 seconds walk from there : http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/86808-trent-park-north-london-bash/page__view__findpost__p__808753

When you enter the car park it's a bit of a maze but keep going around until you see lots of cars and you are pretty close. I'll PM you my mobile number in case you get lost ;) If all else fails listen out for the Baja lol

Err just realised don't know what time everyone is getting there. I'll be there from around 11am (The usual time). Gotta drop the missus off at Cockfosters first though.

I'll try and check back here in the morning but this laptop battery is almost dead and I left my charger elsewhere today - oops! I have a few more laptops knocking around (Try 4 or 5 hehe) so I might dig one of them out to get on here if all else fails. I've sent Joe my mobile number so Joe - if I got the time really wrong can you drop me a sms please?

Just finished fitting my new diff in the Fury too and charged up all my lipos. Better charge the baja too I guess :P

Where EXACTLY are we supposed to meet up at Trent Park tomorrow - there is an awful lot of it ! confused.gif

Cheers,

R.

head up ferny hill from cockfosters rd ...past westlodge park hotel on your left ....after a couple of mins you will see the road bend right...there is a flashing sign warning of the bend...best bet is to park in the 3rd layby on the left....its a really short walk to the momunent that you can see in the field on the right.

The car park Evil bob is talking about is another option and only a bit further on from the layby...its a right turn but you'll have to pass it to see it as the sign is hidden !

its less of a walk to the wooded bit we bash at but much further to the momumnet and the flat grass area so it depends where you folks want to start.

I will try and swing by to say hello on my way to hemel ..wont have time to bash tho

yep, bash still on!

parking in layby please :D just before the flashing sign...

as for bashing ideas... north london bashers... NLB... its what group you guys numbers are in in my phone ;)

as chris says... woods will be bone dry, and its not gonna keep this up all day

Meeting in the layby are around 11? walking across to the monument at around 11.30...

sound good?