• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Revo questions

carmst74

1) Different reasons. Some people just don't like or have the need for reverse. Others think it's too much hassle.

2) Yes you can. HERE.

3) Depends what you like. I prefer the EZ start, other people prefer pullstarts. Everybody is different.

The FOC is to make the transmission more reliable,reverse can and does tend to get trashed more often than not,it also makes the overall weight drop by a good few grams aswell as makes the whole tranny spin more efficiently...

The splined 17mm wheel hex's can be bought from Modelsport,Wheelspin or Ebay for around

You can pull the brass connector pin if you have the right tool but if not just snap it off at the bottom of the molex plug where it enters,rmove the yellow wire too as thats only the earth for the gloplug,so just yellow and blue and leave the red and black for the motor....wink.gif

You can pull the brass connector pin if you have the right tool but if not just snap it off at the bottom of the molex plug where it enters,rmove the yellow wire too as thats only the earth for the gloplug,so just yellow and blue and leave the red and black for the motor....wink.gif

Cheers, I'll get that done when I get the new engine :)

If you're getting a Picco .26, don't use the EZ-start as it will really struggle to turn it over...

I'm going to break it in using the pullstart then fit the EZ start once it's broken in, tuned and had some fuel through it :)

Edited by calum101

You'll need a new backplate when you switch to EZ Start,Mark kindly clued me up on that after I was told it was a straight swap.It is on my RB,I can just whack a Traxxas pullstart straight on it without any changes but thats for another time,gotta get this OS.21TM Max fitted when it arrives and setup the linkages as I think it goes on the stock Traxxas mount,i'm gonna see if I can use the RB mount though as it's CNC and not cast like the stock Traxxas item....wink.gif

The pullstart isn't bad for the Picco, just not that strong. Only lasts about 2 gallons before it breaks, but then again it is a very tight engine. I've gone through 2 OWB's and 2 pullstarts since I got my Picco, but I managed to repair it twice and it's holding so far.

The OWB does slip occationally, so what I've done is bought a bump start. Basically the starter wheel from a starter box on a big motor, since most starter boxes don't fit the Revo.

Going to try it on Sunday, I will let you know if it's any good ;)

If it is and you don't mind carrying it around along with a 12V battery then it's definatly the best option for a Picco .26.

Edited by revorocks

I've started replacing pullstart cord with polypropylene woven cord that they use for bathroom light switches,last loads longer,you just can't use quite as much as it's a bit thicker.I've decided i'm gonna either repair my RB or get another one from CML,the OS.21TM will be good till I get the moneyto repair or get a new one,i've found a German site that stocks all the spares for the 523 so may just get a piston and liner and 2 new crank bearings,it'll be as good as new then but only a bit less than a new engine from CML so not sure what to do....confused.gif