• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper 7 won't start!

Jackman

Is the engine turning over ( you fixed the OWB I presume?) have you checked the engine for internal damage?

I did eventually get it going !

But it would either cut out or rev at full revs !

It's now extremely broken anyway !

I guess your obviously using the Pull Start, a real pain they are.

To me (no expert) sounds like you got a fuel problem.

If you turn the engine over on the fly wheel is there plenty of compression (ie you can feel it hard to push round when teh piston is at the top of the engine)?

Have you checked the glow plug with the starter out of the engine?

When you replaced the one way bearing are you sure that everything has gone back correctly?

Can you feel the engine turning over when you pull the pull start the same way as the fly wheel goes round.

I'm not using a pull start. I ditched it after snapping a few! Got a starterbox now!

Yea it gets harder as it reaches TDC.

Really duno whats going on with it. Will have another look when i eventually get round to fixing what i bust up today!

sounds like it could be fuel problem or maybe air leak , check fuel lines and exhaust for blockages, check tank lid seals ok , check to see if fuel is pulling through to carb ok when you turn engine over, if everything is ok it could be tuning problem