• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

whats the cheapest petrol car?

f9f9

hi,

I am now thinking of buying a fair price petrol car (other than the hpi baja 5b ) which will be reasonable, easy to find the parts for it and be well built so when i fix it i dont have any trouble. I REALLY also dont want these types of petrol cars were you have to mix the petrol with 2stroke oil. i heard the FG baja is like that? any ideas for other cars but around 400-500 pounds NOT MORE THAN THAT !!??:P

Also i dont want the cheap fake ones and i want a car that can take some abuse.:P

THANKS AND REPLY :D

Edited by f9f9

well mate if you don't want one where you mix petrol with the oil then i'm affraid petrol isn't for you.

But if you can get over this you will find some good 2nd hand ones in that budget

you have to mix petrol and oil with all of the 5th scale petrol cars.

Its an extreamly simple job. But if you dont want this. then maybe forget about petrol and get a nitro.

ahaa i see but is there any cars you recommend other than the one just mentioned ??

You got Marders

Baja which you say you don't want

then there are all the clones which you say you don't want

FTX Punisher as Sonic said....

If you think petrol is complicated then stay well away from nitro...

i know about punisher but he said any other apart from the one mentioned

The fg range as as whole is good mate.

But asking which is the best is a tough one to answer really cos i maysay go for a fg cos of blah blah blah and some on else will say go for the punisher because of blah de blah

It also depends onif you going to race / bash or want 2wd / 4wd

so the marders and the ftx punisher are the best ? what about the fg baja?

Sorry But the hpi Baja is the best....

why do you think so many members have them...

But you don't want a hpi Baja do you.........

Edited by seanmcgrath48

Sorry But the hpi Baja is the best....

why do you think so many members have them...

But you don't want a hpi Baja do you.........

So maney members have them because they are always available always have loads of parts available. and lots of companeys make pretty parts for them. They are far from the best lol. Lots of people have Corsa's. you wouldnt say they are the best would you lol.

As for the OP. you can pick up a brand new Smartech spider for

• Like 1

Most popular too and hell i even want one

But back to the question which is the best.

Like i said before what may be best for me and someone else may not be best for you.

I want a Baja not because it is the best but because i want one.

I ended up buying a Clone when i got my first Petrol the Smartech spider. But as it has gone on it does look much like a clone any more as i am putting my own touches to it as and i need to and can afford to. I wouldn't say you don't want a clone because some people have had bad xperiences with them. I have had to replace some bits on mine as they where badly made but i can't really say it has given me a bad experience as i knew what i was doing when i got it because i researched before hand and got great advive of a furum member.

Not best. most Accesible.

How would you know ... you don't own one so cann't comment.....

I own a hpi Baja, the guys that I know ,how own other large scales...FG Marders / Carsons / Smartechs..

would get a hpi baja tomorrow if they hadn't put so much money into the car they have....

Edited by seanmcgrath48

This argument or discussion could go on and on which is the best etc etc

but as already said there is no large scale car for you as there all 2 stroke

and as for cheap no RC including large scale is cheap unless you buy one and put it on the shelf and dont use it

i hope you find what your looking for :D

This argument or discussion could go on and on which is the best etc etc

but as already said there is no large scale car for you as there all 2 stroke

and as for cheap no RC including large scale is cheap unless you buy one and put it on the shelf and dont use it

i hope you find what your looking for :D

Well Said Paul.... :good::good:

What ever you buy mate . . . good luck with it...........

Well said Sean...

I owned a Carson a clone of the FG marder... yeah i had my fair share of fun with it... also my fair share of problems with it .. I spent so much money on it ....

so enough was enough,, So now it is on Ebay ....

And now I own a FS KING KONG BIGRED .... which I am use i will have the same issue with it ... But I quote: More fun than pain and heartache... of when it goes wrong ...

which I know it will happen .. at some point ...

I only came and the petrol heads late Novmeber last year I think it was, When my wife brought me my first 1/5th Petrol car the Carson Super Attack Buggy....

But on a seroius Note ...F9F9, if you dont want to be having to mix twostroke oil with Petrol... then Like alot of the lads have said... Petrol isnt for you ...

Either Go Nitro or brushless.... or even leccy.... then all you have to worry about is charging ur batteries... oh yeah the odd breakage or so ..lol....

Or even better if you still want a RC car I am sure Argos do them pretty cheap....

How would you know ... you don't own one so cann't comment.....

I own a hpi Baja, the guys that I know ,how own other large scales...FG Marders / Carsons / Smartechs..

would get a hpi baja tomorrow if they hadn't put so much money into the car they have....

No i never owned one, because I didnt like them. they are clit cars. I didnt own one But I have raced against them for over a year. every sunday come rain wind or shine. The Baja is the hyper 7 of the 5thscale world. cheap, easy to get parts for, and EVERY one has one. apart from the people that dont jump on the fanboy bandwagon. The baja is a great 5th scale because of all its parts backing. But when you compare it some other cars. It looks like a toy in comparison.

Now out of all the cars. FG's are probably the cheapest to run. Their parts are about the same as the Bajas. but their are no girly decorative parts for the FG. well not as much as the handbag that is the HPI Baja. So you not going to be wasting your money on stupid stuff. The FG's are built for a purpose, to race. But as sphinx will probably tell you they bash pritty hard too. FG's are shorter than the bajas, so they have better steering through tighter corners. but they dont have the forgiveness of the hpi 5b.

The Punisher's an awsome car, and probably the cheapest way to a 4wd 5th scale. They are basicaly, a 1/8 nitro. scaled up to 1/5 scale. so just think of them as a big buggy. For a very small cost you can make the punisher ultra wide with the monster truck lower arms etc. They seem to be a very strong car, hardly see anybody on here braking stuff with them. and because they are just a scaled up nitro. They jump pritty well too.

Of course their are hundreds of clones about. And the KM and SQ baja clones are great cars, especialy the all ally KM baja.

Then you have all the hobby pro, and smartech, carson clones.

I wont even mention MCD,Horman,elcon, laughtbacher etc. as they are definatly not in you pricerange.

All of the 5th scale parts cost more than nitro leccy cars do. And if you go for one of the clones you might be hard pushed to get some parts for it. But some of the non clone parts fit them whitch is a bonus.

I guess you will have tell us all, what it is you want from your petrol car.