• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

North-West / Manchester locations

MSkiba

Hello.

Ive been bashing my RC cars for a long time and have spotted some nice locations on my travels. I would like to share them with you, and also, if you could do the same. Google maps location, picture, description anything!

From best to worst :

3 sisters race track, waste ground next to it - free parking, dust, dust and some dust.

Tatton Park BMX course - goto pay entry fee. Large jumps, grassy surroundings

Bruntwood Park BMX course stockport - dont go during rush hour when the sun is out. couple of quid for parking

M60 Barton bridge. under it. be quick before they start building a stadium on it. Take the first juction after the bridge (not the TC side) and stick to your left.

Trafford centre car park during evenings is quite fun for tarmac lovers. security dosnt bother you if you go to end carpark.

M60 - Stockport - big tesco - fun fair next to it. Once fun fair goes away its a good waste ground to bash.

Added by members below :

Sherdley Park - St Helens - Square tarmac bit of land at the back of the park and all the surrounding grass. Also has a very very dusty hill that's a bit of a clutch killer.

Warrington BMX Track - Fairly small, no real rhythm to the track so not many people go but there's a few jumps and takes a bit of skill. Got a couple of car killing jumps too.

Please share any locations around manchester you may have come across.

Edited by MSkiba
  • Like 1

Hello.

Ive been bashing my RC cars for a long time and have spotted some nice locations on my travels. I would like to share them with you, and also, if you could do the same. Google maps location, picture, description anything!

From best to worst :

3 sisters race track, waste ground next to it - free parking, dust, dust and some dust.

Tatton Park BMX course - goto pay entry fee. Large jumps, grassy surroundings

Bruntwood Park BMX course stockport - dont go during rush hour when the sun is out. couple of quid for parking

M60 Barton bridge. under it. be quick before they start building a stadium on it. Take the first juction after the bridge (not the TC side) and stick to your left.

Trafford centre car park during evenings is quite fun for tarmac lovers. security dosnt bother you if you go to end carpark.

M60 - Stockport - big tesco - fun fair next to it. Once fun fair goes away its a good waste ground to bash.

Please share any locations around manchester you may have come across.

good idea mate openning this type of thread well done. the bash they did at bruntwood looked very good.

As I've not been back into the hobby for to long only been bashing around a couple of local fields really and tweaking, where abouts do you go? That sounded like I was introducing myself at a r/c anonymous club lol

As I've not been back into the hobby for to long only been bashing around a couple of local fields really and tweaking, where abouts do you go? That sounded like I was introducing myself at a r/c anonymous club lol

lol not been out much latley myself due to have a 6 week old baby, but been to 3 sisters and it is great, but i have been up on the small gravel car park up riv via the church road

ooo lots of reply's, but no locations!! Cmon peeps, where do you bash your cars?

Ideal place would be close to parking, an impossible hill to climb, lots of straights and all loose ground.

Bruntwood is good. Its gravel (I actually snapped my engine there on a large stone on a jump.. yes.. snapped an engine, goto be a first). I did get asked to leave there once as a monther complained as she was concerned about her son trying to BMX it there. Other than that on hot days the track is packed with bikes.

Sherdley Park - St Helens.

Square tarmac bit of land at the back of the park and all the surrounding grass. Also has a very very dusty hill that's a bit of a clutch killer.

Warrington BMX Track -

Fairly small, no real rhythm to the track so not many people go but there's a few jumps and takes a bit of skill. Got a couple of car killing jumps too.

Sherdley Park - St Helens.

Square tarmac bit of land at the back of the park and all the surrounding grass. Also has a very very dusty hill that's a bit of a clutch killer.

Warrington BMX Track -

Fairly small, no real rhythm to the track so not many people go but there's a few jumps and takes a bit of skill. Got a couple of car killing jumps too.

Paul Wirral merseyside and i bash in new brighton on the grass dips.good.gif

I been to them sites and it has to be said 3 sisters is the best. It just needs a large hill climb of some sort. Anyone has a JCB at work they can sneak out one day? Its wasteland so we could tear it up in theory.

Ive tried making a ramp out of dirt before and its tougher than you think. Where to get soil from? Once you dig it from the ground, the hole will become a small pond over time. So ideally we need to dig up dirt away from track, and move to it to the track (like 50 metres away)

NW BBQ bash what an awesome idea m8.

May as well make the most of the summer while it's here.

If anyone is interested in a NW BBQ Bash, post up when your best dates are and we'll go from there.