• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

LRP S8 BX 2 RTR buggy

Garry

LRPS8BX2-1.jpg

The S8 BX 2 RTR is fine-tuned with state of the art and competition race technology, which will see the S8 BX 2 Premium RTR set the new benchmark for 1/8 RTR kits on the R/C market today. Equipped with the new high-tech LRP C3-STX Pro computer transmitter, pre-setup with competition 2.2mm front swaybar and 2.8mm rear swaybar installed and brand new highly sensitive brakes, the S8 BX 2 RTR will handle tough off road conditions with ease. In addition to the vastly improved driving handling, it is also visually improved, with the new aerodynamically advanced bodyshell and stylish 7-spoke black-chromed wheels.

LRPS8BX2-2.jpg

LRPS8BX2-3.jpg

LRPS8BX2-4.jpg

LRPS8BX2-5.jpg

LRPS8BX2-6.jpg

LRPS8BX2-7.jpg

Source: Red RC

Hmmmm,they haven't updated that much really to justify a V2 model really but then what mfr does.I've always liked the look of the LRP buggy,the kit looks very nice and it's different and thats what I like,it'll take a nice buggy to sway me away from the Ishima M1.0R though,thats still the sexiest looking of the 1/8th buggies,well as sexy as a 1/8th buggy can look in my opinion...laugh.gif

To me and considering i own the race spec lrp s8bx, it looks like they have down graded it in many places with the most obvious being the bolts and screws as most of them all no longer hex.

Still the original s8bx which i have is an awesomly quick buggy with the right driver and with a re-release like this i reckon spares might finally become little bit easier for me to get a hold of :)

still would be ideal for someone wanting to get into 1/8 rallycross with the smaller price tag i reckon that will possibly follow.

O and that body shelll looks sexy as ! i want one for mine, with a personal spray jobby. The original bodyshell i have is a little bland !

• 4 weeks later...

For £375 i'd have hoped for alloy shockers at least,anyone considering this would be wise to take a look at the Ishima M1.0R RTR version,thats £379 but boasts a spec sheet far exceeding this and the spares are more widely available aswell as the buggy being a well proven winner on the race scene in Europe,this LRP RTR buggy is no where near pro spec and with things like crosshead screws it's a step back towards the kit version.

I like the look of this buggy though as i've stated in a previous post but after seeing that price it's taken a huge fall in my interests,the M1.0R RTR would be my choice if I was spending that kind of money...wink.gif

http://www.ishimaracing.com/html/rave_m1_0r.html

• 2 weeks later...