• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

'Ebay Special' onboard camera

joe of loath

the seller has automated response

"We hope you enjoy your purchase. Your payment has been received and your

item will be dispatched with 24 hours.

We regret that your parcel may be delayed for the volcanic explosion in south

Iceland. Oweing to this volcanic explosion, airlines to Europe have to been

cancelled, and many airports also have been closed, which directly caused

the delay. This also has effect on the airline in Europe.

Item title: Mini Spy Hidden Camera Key Chain Web Cam AVR Recorder"

most of my HK orders arrive within a week but since ash cloud taking upto 4 weeks.

be using 4gb card with it, >M< what size is file/s an how long are they?

Tape it down well, mine fell off at the Bristol bash (read: two forum members, a random passer by and his son and some kids on their bikes and scooters) and I was hunting around for it for ages! Turns off I knocked it off getting the body clips off :blush:

Still waiting on mine, also a Hong Kong Job. happy.gif

Didnt someone put up a guide on them here for proper instructions?

yea just read them

Instructions, assuming button closest to lens is button one, and button furthest away is button 2: Hold button 2 for two seconds until orange light comes on. Hold button 1 for 2 seconds until light is off to record video, or press once to take photo. Hold down button 2 for 3 seconds to stop recording and turn off. The camera must be turned off for file transfer and to charge.

Light codes:

Solid - On

Off - turned off/recording

Slow flash - Flat Battery

yea just read them

Instructions, assuming button closest to lens is button one, and button furthest away is button 2: Hold button 2 for two seconds until orange light comes on. Hold button 1 for 2 seconds until light is off to record video, or press once to take photo. Hold down button 2 for 3 seconds to stop recording and turn off. The camera must be turned off for file transfer and to charge.

Light codes:

Solid - On

Off - turned off/recording

Slow flash - Flat Battery

Yep that's spot on. Just note to record hold down button one for 2-3 secs and it will flash 3 times then turn off. That means it's recording. To stop recording just push button one once and then the orange light will come on. To turn off, hold down button 2 for 2-3 seconds then release.

I'm not really sure about charging it though. It ran out of battery yesterday while recording so I've left it plugged into a USB and turned off today.

I'm guessing that the orange light turns off once it's charged?

Got one of these myself the other day, real nice piece of kit for the money.

Yours is more likely a camera #3 judging by the resolution, which in the review below suggests it's the better cam out of them all.

Unfortunately with the #3 cam you cannot remove the time stamp, but I found iff I load the raw footage into iMovie and make a project in 16:9 it crops the time stamp out.

Have a look at the review HERE it tells you everything you need to know about the key chain cam and how to adjust the time to the correct time.

To adjust the time do the following:

1 - Download THIS file onto your pc hard drive.

2 - Open it up and manually change the time, date etc (think ahead with the seconds as to how long it will take to do the next steps) and then Save file.

3 - Drag and drop the file onto the root of the SD card in the camera eg: F/ (do not drag it into the folder on the SD card) and then Disconnect camera.

4 - Turn Camera on, this will load the correct date and time into the camera and delete the file you created.

5 - Take a picture/jpeg and turn camera off.

6 - Plug camera back into pc and check the time stamp on the jpeg image (should be good)

Hope this helps, but you'll find everything you need to know in the guide linked above.