• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

ANSMANN RACING ARNE-21 NITRO ENGINE

minesapint

Hi i have ansmann terrier, could any one tell me how many turns out are there hsn and lsn settings

thing is car pulls away OK but when i try to give it full throttle it just dies on me, its just like its running to learn.

hsn is like up to 6 turns out still no good.

lsn seems OK pinch tube it rives up be for it stops

any help thanks

ps

new engine 6 tanks run through it

My son has this engine in his Virus it's been a git from out of the box, it's really difficult to start and find the sweet spot it's either running way rich and bogging down or lean and over heating ... only thing I've found that works:

1 - Have the car on a brick

2 - Both needles flush

3 - If its below 10c get the hair dryer out to warm it up

4 - Get her started and warmed up and make very small (less than the 1/8 turns) on the HSN till she responds to the throttle (saves the legs going to fetch the damn thing)

5 - Put her on the ground and do a few passes wide open to clear out all the oil

6 - Make those fine adjustment but watch the temps and ensure you keep nice trails of blue smoke

7 - LSN, we use the pinch test, works for us but the LSN is ultra sensitive so very small adjustments, I marked the carb base setting with the slot as a reference.

Tune will last the session but you have to watch those temps, we have had +300f on many occasion trying to get the sweet spot.

KjF

Edited by northwarks