• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Leaking fuel from carb

nitrobasher

I noticed some unused fuel on the chassis today and found that my carb was leaking fuel ! i was wondering if you guys could tell me if i can strip down the carb and repair this myself ? ive attached a picture to show you exactly where the fuel is leaking from.

leak.jpg

the fuel nipple meant to have a washer not sealant, so feel thats cause of leak

only if you feel confident screw your needle that is leaking in(clock wise) and count every rotation till it stops but don't screw it down to hard though. this is so you can return the needle setting back to what you have now by counting the number of turns back.

when you know this write it down.

then remove the the needle (anti clockwise)

then check the seals for cracks ,slits or nicks

only do this if you feel you can i don't want to mess up what you have got,and end you up with a none runner

plus this may not be the problem

i think some of the more advanced peeps are best to ask for an ID of it and it may be worth waiting to see what some of the others think may be the problem

If you need an engine sealing guide check my sig there is a link to the one I did.

It looks to me it could be an O-ring that has gone in the HSN hence the leaking, these can be bought cheaply from most hobby shops and probably ebay it would help to know what engine it is though so we can direct you to the right one.

Looking at the carb and the blue head I would say it's one of the Team Infinity ones that come in the Acme nitro cars. Just a guess though so don't count on it been right.

I`ve got a feeling this is an old LEO engine as fitted to early ACME models before they started fitting Team Infinity. You will have problems finding spares for this if it is. Hope this helps. :good:

• 8 years later...
On 08/05/2010 at 22:05, nitrobasher said:

I noticed some unused fuel on the chassis today and found that my carb was leaking fuel ! i was wondering if you guys could tell me if i can strip down the carb and repair this myself ? ive attached a picture to show you exactly where the fuel is leaking from.

leak.jpg

Hi

I think Iv the same problem on my brand new acme cyclone. There's a washer/gasket & fule pisses out on priming & even worse wen u put my finger on exhaust to stop engine. I don't know anything about them. This is my first nitro 

IMG_20190427_180516.jpg