• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Savage XL Bent

meno

Sorry couldnt get photos, he has already stripped it.

When it landed, which was on a concrete road it looked like the body had broken and popped off as it was twisted but on inspection the body was still on all pins, the rear end had bent round, side chassis plates bent, now its stripped he has found a broken diff housing and 2 broken shocks.

To be honest i dont find the savage very strong, it always breaks when we are out, bit like my VRX2, but im yet to break the hyper st.

(Note to self: take pics on scene)

Sorry couldnt get photos, he has already stripped it.

When it landed, which was on a concrete road it looked like the body had broken and popped off as it was twisted but on inspection the body was still on all pins, the rear end had bent round, side chassis plates bent, now its stripped he has found a broken diff housing and 2 broken shocks.

To be honest i dont find the savage very strong, it always breaks when we are out, bit like my VRX2, but im yet to break the hyper st.

(Note to self: take pics on scene)

any monster truck that lands foul on concrete is gonna break !

Looked like a kamikaze mission HA !

Truggys/buggys can take much more abuse because of the simpler compact design.

I run a monster and yes i do have to fix it more often but its the versitility i love...crawling through streams...mud..long grass..jumps and then whizzing along after buggys..cant beat it good.gif

Up for the 30th may bash dude ?

sum1 needs to learn to hit the brakes to bring the front of the truck down in-flight wink.gif

i reckon with a jump that high and fast you'd be lucky to control it with brakes/throttle...its in the hands of the RC gods mainly 018.gif

i reckon with a jump that high and fast you'd be lucky to control it with brakes/throttle...its in the hands of the RC gods mainly 018.gif

Your TOTALLY wrong

WE have been jumping HIGHER an FASTER for years

an yes it does take some SKILL to learn.........but you dont have to leave it in the LAP OF THE GODS

one of our main stays, of models, has always been the SAVAGE........an believe me.......we dont smash them to bits after each jump

yes they break, if you get it wrong

but if you learn AIR CONTROL.........you can bring it down to earth safely nearly everytime

we also use a LOT of 1/8th scale nitro buggys.......so shorter shocks, an easier to hit the floor if you think about it......an as you will see by the pictures.......we do it time an time again

An YES.........those are the POWER LINES........an we ARE jumping higher an over them

An the marque we are jumping is a 30ft x 30ft size.......an very high

The air control is a thing you need to learn if you are going to jump........learn it well

an you can see the results speak for themselves :good:

23.jpg

27.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

41.jpg

44.jpg

46.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

S8300041.jpg

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

image003.jpg

pic017.jpg

pic018.jpg

sum1 needs to learn to hit the brakes to bring the front of the truck down in-flight ;)

Yeh he does, but what would be the fun in that :whistling:

Yeh he does, but what would be the fun in that whistling.gif

(copied from Hoss's post)

"Your TOTALLY wrong

WE have been jumping HIGHER an FASTER for years

an yes it does take some SKILL to learn.........but you dont have to leave it in the LAP OF THE GODS

one of our main stays, of models, has always been the SAVAGE........an believe me.......we dont smash them to bits after each jump

yes they break, if you get it wrong

but if you learn AIR CONTROL.........you can bring it down to earth safely nearly everytime

we also use a LOT of 1/8th scale nitro buggys.......so shorter shocks, an easier to hit the floor if you think about it......an as you will see by the pictures.......we do it time an time again."

My response ...OOOH GET YOU rofl.gif

(notice he said "nearly every time) no further questions your honour whistling.gif

An YES.........those are the POWER LINES........an we ARE jumping higher an over them

An the marque we are jumping is a 30ft x 30ft size.......an very high

The air control is a thing you need to learn if you are going to jump........learn it well

an you can see the results speak for themselves good.gif

My response ...OOOH GET YOU rofl.gif

As you wish fella :good:

just pointing out, your comment is, an always will be ........WRONG

please yourself if you chose to think otherwise or not

been doing an living this for many many years.......an the proof is there for you to see, an all to see

An the events i run, many many people have seen it happening in the flesh

never once said they , they NEVER break, as they DO.........but your comment

i reckon with a jump that high and fast you'd be lucky to control it with brakes/throttle...its in the hands of the RC gods mainly Posted Image :018:

Is totally wrong........IF you take the time to learn HOW to do it RIGHT

As you wish fella good.gif

just pointing out, your comment is, an always will be ........WRONG

please yourself if you chose to think otherwise or not

been doing an living this for many many years.......an the proof is there for you to see, an all to see

An the events i run, many many people have seen it happening in the flesh

never once said they , they NEVER break, as they DO.........but your comment

Jeez...didnt realise it was so important to be shoot down an opinion !

Id rather not have to spend hours and dollars repairing things while i learn to "get it right"

each to thier own i guess ....peace out cool.gif

Jeez...didnt realise it was so important to be shoot down an opinion !

Id rather not have to spend hours and dollars repairing things while i learn to "get it right"

each to thier own i guess ....peace out cool.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hahahahahahahah

Iam not the one that want to LEAVE in the hands of the RC gods :rofl:

enjoy your bashing, an fixing :lol::good:

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

hahahahahahahah

Iam not the one that want to LEAVE in the hands of the RC gods rofl.gif

enjoy your bashing, an fixing laugh.gifgood.gif

Am not leaving it in the hands of the gods darling...I dont do mega high mega fast jumps ph34r.gif

enjoy your enormous ego good.gif