• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Need a new engine

ba57ard

Hi guys, been out of rc for a few years now, and although i wont be going back to racing, i do have a savage 25 in need of some tlc. First up, i need a new engine, i have an old STS 28 at the moment but considering it hadnt been used in a fair number of years, its probably completly knackered.

I will be opening it up at the weekend to see what its like inside, how ever i thought i may aswell start looking for an engine now, what does everyone use nowadays? I dont need it to be perticulaly fast, just something that will get me going again.

Price range, i dont want to be paying over

There may be nothing wrong with the STS.28 in there, as long as it was put away correctly ie after run oil used and the holes blocked it should be ok.

I would look at the STS.30 give you a little more than the .28 you had and once sealed the STS are awesome engines perfect for a savage and your preferred budget.

Nope, never used after run oil or blocked up the holes, to be honest, i thought id never use it again, the thing was stripping spur gears every couple of runs and i kept bending every chassis i bought (only ever bought the standard ones). started to get a bit annoying, so i chucked it in the garage and that was that.

Obvioulsy regret it now, as i cant just get it out and use it. :(

Edited by ba57ard