• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Elgin/Moray meet up.

blueshade27

Might be up for that, only got the buggy though as the revo needs two new rear bulheads. Apparently it doesnt like hitting large mounds at 40mph flying through the air and then cartwheeling along concrete for 15 foot. ?????? Don't know why?????:whistling::whistling:

Robbed the steering servo from the firestorm to use in the ehyper, about to rebuild the firestorm. Dont have the rc18 at the moment either as i snapped a shock yesterday. LOL, i'm not having much luck with the rc at the moment.

On the other hand, i'm slowly rebuilding my t maxx. Bad stinky nitro.:rofl:

That is some bad luck there sad.gif I'm surprised the firestorm servo is strong enough to steer the hyper!

Ah i see, i take it it's rafandy134 that has it?

Cool, well is 2pm good for everyone? To be honest you guys can meet earlier if you fancy it as, like i said my exam finishes at 12pm and i may be able to get out earlier for lunch and what not, plus i don't have a running car as usual! rolleyes.gif

That is some bad luck there sad.gif I'm surprised the firestorm servo is strong enough to steer the hyper!

Ah i see, i take it it's rafandy134 that has it?

Cool, well is 2pm good for everyone? To be honest you guys can meet earlier if you fancy it as, like i said my exam finishes at 12pm and i may be able to get out earlier for lunch and what not, plus i don't have a running car as usual! rolleyes.gif

hi guys i wont be there iv broke my wrist and im now in a cast lol sorry guys

Cant make it either, work has scuppered the plan, Sorry to here about the wrist andy. No connor its another lad that bought it. The servo i had in the firestorm was an upgraded one and is plenty strong enough, the one i ordered for the ehyper, which didnt fit it is now in the firestorm..........confused yet??? lol

Sorry about tomorrow.

Cant make it either, work has scuppered the plan, Sorry to here about the wrist andy. No connor its another lad that bought it. The servo i had in the firestorm was an upgraded one and is plenty strong enough, the one i ordered for the ehyper, which didnt fit it is now in the firestorm..........confused yet??? lol

Sorry about tomorrow.

That's no problem, weather has changed a fair bit and it's pretty cold and damp so no worries :good:

Ah cool, should be a fair amount of us then! :D

And yeah i get ya, i'm sure you told me at the last meet!

Any one meeting tomorrow?

Sorry mate did'nt see your post yesterday. I am spending the weekend preparing for going away south this week for a break so could not make it anyway.

I am also fitting a Hobbyking 2.4ghz tx/rx to the rusty, so no more pitstops to stick the ariel back in.laugh.gif

Sorry mate did'nt see your post yesterday. I am spending the weekend preparing for going away south this week for a break so could not make it anyway.

I am also fitting a Hobbyking 2.4ghz tx/rx to the rusty, so no more pitstops to stick the ariel back in.laugh.gif

No problem!

haha, have you managd to try it out yet? Quite tempted myself :P

Just back from first run with HK 2.4 system and it works well. Instructions said to fit ariel at 90 deg (vertical) to rx unit but that meant it sticking out of the bodyshell so I laid it flat in the chassis and it works perfectly across my garden which is around 30 meters.

It's actually pretty decent build quality and comfortable to use. The rx is tiny and would easy fit in a 1/18 scale car. The ariel is a bit longer than I expected at around 150mm long. With the rx at the rear of the chassis the tip ends at the steering servo.

Just back from first run with HK 2.4 system and it works well. Instructions said to fit ariel at 90 deg (vertical) to rx unit but that meant it sticking out of the bodyshell so I laid it flat in the chassis and it works perfectly across my garden which is around 30 meters.

It's actually pretty decent build quality and comfortable to use. The rx is tiny and would easy fit in a 1/18 scale car. The ariel is a bit longer than I expected at around 150mm long. With the rx at the rear of the chassis the tip ends at the steering servo.

Sounds pretty decent! So is that the TX Ariel that's 150mm long?

Sounds pretty decent! So is that the TX Ariel that's 150mm long?

No I mean the rx ariel. The tx is the normal stubby fold down ariel.

I just thought the ariel would be shorter as my Losi MRC has an rx ariel about 90mm long.

Actually I have just measured it and the HK rx ariel is 190mm long. So long as it fits in the car I am OK with that.

No I mean the rx ariel. The tx is the normal stubby fold down ariel.

I just thought the ariel would be shorter as my Losi MRC has an rx ariel about 90mm long.

Actually I have just measured it and the HK rx ariel is 190mm long. So long as it fits in the car I am OK with that.

Ah that's good then!

Yeah i'd be the same. One of the reasons i'm for 2.4 has to be the fact that there's not an antenna sticking out of the car and that the TX one is nice and small.

Hey-ho all! Anyone out and about this weekend? If weather is all good I'll be in the woods blowing the dust off the Trophy!

Possibilly, i'm staying at a mate's on friday night but it's not too far from the woods so may be able to pop over with them or w/e. I'm just a camera man atm anyway laugh.gif.

Yeah i'll be about, what time?? Maybe get to meet you this time tera;).

Netcon, might have a new camera for you to try in that case, You interested??

Cool, sure good.gif Anything is better than the one i currently have laugh.gif

Have you got a tripod with a pivot base thingy? If not i can bring one, basically means the pics won't be blurry as tongue.gif

May have a new RC to try out guys wink.gif