• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

MTA4 2de speed problems

andre2

I recently change the 2de speed main gears on my mta4 s28 and ever since then it wound change to 2de speed. i have adjust the 2de speed but it does not matter if tighten it or loosen the screws it wound shift to 2de gear. I have put the gearbox back correctly according to the diagram.

Any advise?

Hello mate, I would check that you definitely have the two speed clutch hub the right way around. I have seen many instructions that are not clear on this; cant remember whether my mgt ones were, but the correct way to have it is if you roll the truck forward holding the spur gear while you do, you should have (looking through the rubber plugged hole in the side of the case the two speed half moon come up first, then the set screw, then the gear adjustment screw. This is assuming you have the truck in forward gear.

Always adjust it in little increments and have a look on aeforums.com or mgtforums for some clearer pictures of the inside and some tips on saving weight in the tranny etc. Are all the shims in the gearbox back in there? If there is any play on that shaft, they will not work. Also loosen and tighten the set screw again. This needs to be locked in the right position.

Finally, you need to have a good tune on the truck again. What is it doing...is it stuck in first i.e. revving high, with maybe wheelies, but no speed?....stuck in first, screw in the set screw a little! If it accelerates reasonably well and has good top end then it is stuck in second. If it is doing this then the changer may be the wrong way around....or you may have the adjustment screw too far in, wind it out a little. You should want it to change right at the end of the revs in first, but not so you have to cane it at full revs for the change to come in....

Let us know what is happening and we will get it sorted ;)

Edited by NilSatis