• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Nitro Engine Factory Needle Settings List

a-x-l-e

does anyone know the recommended needle settings for a HPI nitro star 3.5 engine, it was running perfectly, then ive adjusted the HSN an LSN a bit to try and give it that edge, the screwed my idle out until it was just ticking over nicely, then it cut out, and wont start now, gonna go back to basics and start again.

ive been messing about with the idle screw, HSN and LSN to try and start it, but it wasnt having it, someone help!

I'm pretty new to nitro, just bought a hypert 7 tq sport. It hadn't been ran for a couple of months, it starts up but wants to bod down at low revs.

Could any one offer a few tips or even a run down on a needle settings

• 1 month later...

Hi im a neewbie to nitro, I wanted to know the needle factory settings on a hpi trophy 3.5 engine. In the manual it states 3.5 turns from closed for both hsn and lsn. Can someone confirm if that means 1 turn=360 degree or 180 degrees?

Edited by nareshpatel10

1 turn = 360 degrees mate

Hi im a neewbie to nitro, I wanted to know the needle factory settings on a hpi trophy 3.5 engine. In the manual it states 3.5 turns from closed for both hsn and lsn. Can someone confirm if that means 1 turn=360 degree or 180 degrees?

Is that the recommended settings or factory nitrocal thanks for getting back bud

factory settings mate, if it is a new engine, set the needles to this setting. go through break in procedure.

once the engine is broke in, do some tarmac speed runs. lean out the high speed needle by 1/8 turn (clockwise), keep doing speed runs in-between changes until you don't see any change in performance, once you have reached that, richen the high speed needle by 1/4 turn (anti-clockwise).

do the same for the low speed needle, but once you have reached the optimum it can go, richen it by 1/8 turn (anti-clockwise)

whilst doing this, keep an eye on the smoke and amount of oil coming out of the exhaust. you want there to be a nice light trail of smoke and a smooth acceleration. if there is no smoke, richen the high speed needle until the trail has come back  :thumbsup:

hope this helps you mate

• 4 weeks later...

Ive just aquired this engine which i assume is a schumacher x18? But it doesnt seem to have a lsn? is it missing and been bodged? or is it supposed to be like this? I'm guessing not

Edited by Morpet

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looking for a pro 18 pull start ASAP in kent any one know where to get one quick

This is for engine settings you would be better off asking in the wanted sales section. Mayb ebay will have something to fit tho.

has anybody got the settings for a HPI F4.1 please

Ide like to know this too. Thats the std savage 25 engine isnt it?

Edited by RCbutcher

Ide like to know this too. Thats the std savage 25 engine isnt it?

HPI 4.1- http://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/1408

Pdf manual at bottom of page...do not know if it was an engine in the Savage.

Edited by Anthoop

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys, can anyone help me ! I need settings for MTA4 S28 its a .28 pro with a red anodised head like the AE MGT 4.6 with blue head !

Thanx in advance !! :whistling:

Hi guys, can anyone help me ! I need settings for MTA4 S28 its a .28 pro with a red anodised head like the AE MGT 4.6 with blue head !

Thanx in advance !! :whistling:

TT.28PRO? 

The Schumacher Havoc uses that engine...I would personally increase the throttle gap for the start...but anyway...

http://www.racing-cars.com/images/Technical_Info/Schumacher/Old%20Cars/Havoc/Instruction%20Manual/09_havoc_out.jpg

• Like 1