• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

strangely cheap Lipo's?

Kpowell911

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/7-4V-5200MAH-35C-Lipo-Battery-Associated-RC10B4-T4-TC4_W0QQitemZ280420771296QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN?hash=item414a6165e0

thinking of buying 5 of them for bashing, But they are suspiciously cheap, And you know what they say, IF its too good to be true.....

What do you think?

20C cont and 35C surge is pretty poor and then you have bad quality cells. Pointless waste of money imo, even if they are cheap, invest in 2 good 30C+ cont 5000mah packs (Hyperion are great for softcase).

I'm not expecting them to be Intellect, But thats crazy cheap, I normally pay £70 for one lol

I paid that for my first, and was always worried about it, lol, with a cheaper price, it eases the burden matey.......

20C cont and 35C surge is pretty poor and then you have bad quality cells. Pointless waste of money imo, even if they are cheap, invest in 2 good 30C+ cont 5000mah packs (Hyperion are great for softcase).

Not always the case fella ;)

Iain

Edited by Yanto

i have bought cheap lipo in the past from ebay guess i have been lucky no problems , one thing i would say about the lipo you listed is the guy needs to make his mind up what he is selling two different descriptions mah and C rating but for the price give it a shot :good:

Am i right in thinking that a 5000mah battery at 30C delivers 150A? In that case it'll push the limits of most ESC's? So for a 150A rated ESC using a 5000mah you'd be better running a max 25C battery so reduce the frying risk?

Am i right in thinking that a 5000mah battery at 30C delivers 150A? In that case it'll push the limits of most ESC's? So for a 150A rated ESC using a 5000mah you'd be better running a max 25C battery so reduce the frying risk?

A 30C 5000mah pack will supply that if needed, but max amps drawn is from the motor not the battery. The battery will only supply what is required ;)

A 30C 5000mah pack will supply that if needed, but max amps drawn is from the motor not the battery. The battery will only supply what is required ;)

Thanks for that. So it's like 1:1 cars. Better to have a lazy ish engine than a 1.0 & ragging the nuts off it all the time - go too low on the C rating and you're going to stress the battery, which presumably will heat it up and run the risk of damaging it in the long run.

Just about to get some batteries for my newly restored 8ight-tE so saved me getting the wrong thing.