• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

repainting shell help!

copeidge

hey guys! iam currently rebuilding and sproosing up my lighting gt10, i would really like to repaint the bodyshell that has been pre painted from the factory, now i have no problem with spraying and occationally do some work spraying on real cars, i could get a good shine but as soon as i roll it, it will be buggered again so is there a way to strip the factory paint so i can spray the inside as you would with a clear shell?

would nitromors work or whould it just melt the shell???

any help is much appriceiated cheers.

J

Nitro works a treat. I just stripped a factory painted shell and it came off very easily compared to one painted with Tamiya paint.

Easiest way is to lightly rub with kitchen roll, I pour some fuel onto the area I want to strip before hand and leave it to sit for a minute or two. Nitro soaked cotton buds are good for tricky areas. Try not to press very hard when rubbing as this tends to really cloud the lexan. You won't get a perfectly clear finish but it should be fine for solid colours when repainting.

Edited by a-x-l-e