• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

West Yorkshire Nitro Club

Leopard

hiya still no news from the council yet maybe tomorow ye me and my brother would most likely go as far as i know you dont need a license i know theres a little indoor one just set up in eldwick near bingey and they just put posters up in the local model shops

to make a proper club i think you would need to register it as a proper non profit organisation. dont think theres any laws stopping having an unofficial club.

that place in guiseley sounds like a good place to go, only problem is if someone complains to police (unlikely). i should be there next saturday morning & will try and get my mate to join.

(2 of us up for joining local club btw)

are you going to the bmx track if so i might see you up there my brother has just sold his rc car so he shud be getting a new one through the week if he has i might possibly see you there

dont think i can make it :angry:

have you herd anything from the councill????

i got an email saying that they had sent it on somewhere else and nothing since

well m8 if you can just get a farmer to alow you to use his land and pay him a small fee (by chargin like £1 to attend) you will find a way im sure

ive not heard anything yet from the council. theres a place in rawdon that a track could easily be made.

went down to the bmx track (yeadon) today. was good fun. 3 cars there :D. sadly i started having gearing problems after the second tank of fuel & had to go home :(.will bring my tool kit next week.

Edited by nigellumley

didnt go coz of bmx bandits. was only one little kid.

was coz engine had come out of alignment again. the car is now in pieces as ive noticed the engine mount is bent. will hammer it back into shape today.

anyone else want to join next week? we could take over the track :D

hi all went down to the yeadon bmx track this morning. there was a couple of other lads there i knew. lasted about an hour when i took the the first hump to fast hit the second one face first and broke both front shockers. one of the other lads also bent his rear drive shaft on the same hump.still never mind only £7.68 for new shock shafts for the 777. shame modelsport dont supply for kyosho as there only round the corner. hoping to go there again next weekend so i might meet some of you lot there. do any of you ever go to the all weather pitch oposite the comet and currys stores at guiseley, ive been there a few times and it a good place to get some speed up.

chris

ive not been there for a long while. last time I went it was covered in loose gravel. may be worth heading down. would be easy to make a ramp on it & decent jumps.

i will be there next saturday morning. at a similar time. with a toolbox. gonna try and get my mate to come along. should be fun.

iv had a reply from the council about the bmx track and its a no no

this is what he had to say

I understand why the BMX site at Yeadon might be ideal from your perspective for your hobby. However, the track was built for BMX'ing and any other formal use of the track would lead to conflict between user's and may cause accidents.

I'm afraid therefore that I cannot approve your request,

so iv sent him a reply asking about the car park which wiseman was talking about as it is a good size and good location.