• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New phone

arris

Well today after the landrover we was in snapping a cv joint in the outside lane of the m62 and rining the AA to be told they wont attend if were in a live lane, and calling 999 to get the police to get the highway people to close the road to tow us into the hard shoulder,

i lost my phone so need to get a new one in morning

think im just going to get another vodafone contract as they said would give me a good deal on a second one, so anyone got any good recomendations for phones,

past phones include

n80 wich was okay

u600 looked good bit naff

w810i also same broke loads altho held loads of texts :)

and recently a 6300 wich was okay but not the best,

would really like a iphone but cant justify only having 500 texts a month as i currently use anywhere up to near 4 thousand..

thaughts people :)

Get an HTC. Brilliant phones, running windows mobile. I have an HTC tytn II which is running windows mobile professional 6.1. I absolutley love it, best fone ive ever had by MILES. Full touchscreen with calibration feature, plus some normal buttons, load aload of apps onto it for FREE (in ur face, iphone) yes some you do have to pay for but majority are free and its entirely up to you what programs u download and install. Video on it is great too, I have a habit of downloading youtube greats and putting them on my fone. And u can watch utube vids on it. Go for one mate, u wont be dissapointed.

Lee.

Edited by m3lyc

just been looking at the 5800 whats it like for texting?

i abuse my phones pretty bad send alot o texts an used in a work enviroment

for the price its only like 180 ill probably end up buying it outright an see if they can sign up a sim to my current number as sim is gone,

when i checked on the voda site, there is only the htc magic?

cheers rick

Get an HTC. Brilliant phones, running windows mobile. I have an HTC tytn II which is running windows mobile professional 6.1. I absolutley love it, best fone ive ever had by MILES. Full touchscreen with calibration feature, plus some normal buttons, load aload of apps onto it for FREE (in ur face, iphone) yes some you do have to pay for but majority are free and its entirely up to you what programs u download and install. Video on it is great too, I have a habit of downloading youtube greats and putting them on my fone. And u can watch utube vids on it. Go for one mate, u wont be dissapointed.

Lee.

Lee if you didn't know the majority of iPhone apps are free and as for the ones you pay for there is usually a "lite" version that's free. Hardly in your face iPhone, as for the touch screen if it's anything like the touchscreens that I've used in the past that use the 3M touch screen technology, there's just no comparison at all.

Arris Don't know if you are aware but you can buy an Unlimited text bolt on for

why stick with vodafone? anyway they go cheap on ebay now, fully unlocked to all networks and all tarriffs. mine was originally on vodafone, im on O2 pay as u go lol.

here u go:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HTC-TYTN-II-Kaiser-V1615-GPS-CoPilot-Live-7-UNLOCKED_W0QQitemZ180398618960QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_MobilePhones_MobilePhones?hash=item2a00987950&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

best guys to buy from, it will be in brand new condition if they say it is, and work perfectly.

Lee.

Indie im pretty sure you cant buy unlimeted texts for the iphones tarrif, otherwise would have got one long long ago,

was going to do it on a business contract when they had a deal but didnt have the 3gs in stock got told the offer would be extended because of this, but wasnt the case..

Indie im pretty sure you cant buy unlimeted texts for the iphones tarrif, otherwise would have got one long long ago,

was going to do it on a business contract when they had a deal but didnt have the 3gs in stock got told the offer would be extended because of this, but wasnt the case..

I heard u can, but its about

Arris, I 100% know you can, as I have one ;) lol

If you get the usual tarrif and then add the unlimited text bolt on and you are good to go :good:

I pay £35 a month for the contract then £7.50 for the unlimited text bolt on.

when did you get this tho?

if you currently have it you can keep it, but o2 no longer do this package it is discontinued :(

It's a bolt on you ask for mate ;) you are still able to get it as my GF got it yesterday with her new 3Gs as well :good: if you sign up in the o2 shop as for the unlimited text bolt on. It's that easy.

ah okay well when i asked in carphone warehouse the guy said no,

an when i have looked online people have said it was discontinued, ill go have a look if i could get that it would be awsome!

how the hell did you want them to cancel a contract you dont know the number off lol

possibly they could have searched for your details but to be fair its a bit much to ask for them to use common sence and even madder that you tried to cancel it without knowing the number lol

anyway enjoy the 3gs i have heard nothing but good from their owners

well i thaught as im with them they could just bring it up,

its not often i have to know my number, jus annoyed me when she was like is there anyone u can ask, yeah ill just ring someone, you fag, think she was ****** off i had a o2 bag with me tbh ;)