• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Stoke on Trent

CarlShenton

Hi, Im new to RC business and need some help and would love to get a bit of bashing in. Where is this meet, and is it happening this sunday?

if so would any1 be kind enough to help me set up my hyper 7, been having a few issues.

hi mate and welcome to the forum,,

we meet at parkhall and there will be plenty of people willing to help you ,, where about are you from

Parkhall Country Park‎ Hulme Stoke-on-Trent ,ST3 5BH

follow the signs for the golf course and as you come off parkhall road the track is about 150yds along that road on the right , there is a car park right at the trackside

Edited by dazj10

generally start getting there for about 11.30 , aslong as the weather is good enough , but if you keep an eye on this thread we will update tomorrow after we have seen the weather forecast :good:

Hello all I'm a local making enquiries but first you have done a great job- three cheers for all the hard work gone into the track.

I was thinking, only today of selling my toys on feebay. Not now!!!! I have just happened onto this thread and oh my the track does look good. Q.what scale can be run? I own a 1/5th and a 1/8th but prefer to run the 1/5ty.Q. how much is the running cost? Q. Any pics of the finished track? Q.And most importantly when can I com and PLAY!!!!!! Lol.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Hiya matey. It's a free to use track we meet Sunday's and weds night. Most run 1/8. But a few do run 1/5 but the jumps can be a bit hard on them. Just pop along tomorrow for a bash

A video of the track lee took today...still abit to be done but you get the general idea...

Edited by CHUNKERLUV

I run 1/5 there - even an old Kyosho. They're fine but you might not get to full throttle/revs. A very short gearing would be helpful

The thing with the jumps is that they are small but severe - they'll chuck 1/8s around all over the place but tend to kick the back end of 1/5 up after the fronts have left the ground - so nose-dive.

You could always go slower??? ;)

Though probably the new extra grip will let us accelerate hard up to the jumps to keep the nose up.

Usual wednesday night session tomorrow...be there for about 6.30pm, We need to finish the top end of the track so please do your best to attend. The plan is to do an hours laying and an hours bashing....those just turning up for the last hour will be spat at. haha

Usual wednesday night session tomorrow...be there for about 6.30pm, We need to finish the top end of the track so please do your best to attend. The plan is to do an hours laying and an hours bashing....those just turning up for the last hour will be spat at. haha

wot time you be done brushing ? al come then lol

Apparently people don't wan't do work on Wednesday nights....so it's all just fun, fun, fun tonight....we'll be there at about 6.30.

Hey People

I'm finally looking to make a first appearance tonight after a few busy weeks!

What work is left on the track and are any tools needed because I don't mind lending a hand?

I also noticed there is sand on the turf, would this damage my car at all? I'm still new to this so I have no idea what my car can withstand.

Cheers!

Hi Steve....All the sand needs brushing off the track really as it does eat your bearings but tonight were just going to run regardless if a few can bring brushes we'll get it swept in 20mins so please bring a brush...mines broke

I'm hoping to attend this Sunday. That's if my cargo mountain bike trailer has arrived by then. Just reducing my carbon footprint.

It should interesting considering I've never towed a bike trailer before!!! And knackering since I live in Trent vegas.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Hi MCD there was a large scale up there last night that attacked the jumps pretty well, hell phils on road 1/5th does alright...so pop up sunday. Good bash last night...it was nice to see so many people up there and to get good feedback on how the track drives / looks. My night was made by seeing Steve get repeatedly whipped by a nine year old....

Saturday from 12noon onwards is a final push to finish the top-end ready for a decent bash Sunday (with a new, none setting itself on fire servo) so please try to make it to drag afew pieces into place shouldn't take more than an hour.

Cheers

lo mat m8

thanks again mat, for tuning me truggy in last night m8 :)

thanks steve, for the glow-plug n cable tie m8 :)

yeah it was cool seeing so many ppl up there last night, its just great seeing all the cars on the track at the same time

Edited by Tosk

Nice one for finishing up today gents. Have a good bash tomorrow going sack the kitchen off and come the track see you all about 11am