• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Slash v e-firestorm

chris may

Hi everyone!!

I like the look of both of these cars but which would you lot get and why? for me I wanted a brushless RTR but can't afford it during these trying times!!!!!

So I was looking at brushless ready and as far as im aware they both are!

So what should I get HELP!!!

I've got both - and they are very different.....

Get the Slash if you want the scale looks and the water resistant electronics. Running out in teh dirt and wet the Slash is great fun - totally brilliant!! However, don't get it thinking that it will be a good platform for a brushless upgrade that will turn it into a speed machine - It won't! That big Slash body just catches the wind and makes it way too unstable.

Get the E-Firestorm if you want something that has potential to build on when funds allow. I have a Mamba Max and brushless motor in mine and its a great car - the stock motor/ESC are pretty lame though, in fact, in stock brushed setup I think the Slash is probably as fast.... But, the chassis and transmission are brushless ready and decent quality.

At the end of the day, you have to decide what you want to ultimatley achieve and how much money you are going to spend on upgrades and batteries etc.

slash is good if you what a big slow car..

e firestorm is very good if you what a fast car (after puting brushless in it)

but they are bith great car so if speed dose not bother you that much just go for wicth one looks best to you