• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

mt2 air leak

naymo

hello again!!!

I have got an MT2 and Since fitting the 100cc primerless tank i have experienced a problem in air seeping back from the carb inlet when engine is stopped this then makes the car harder to get restarted, i have changed the fuel pipe (to HPI recommended lengths) and secured them on the "nipples" with around 6mm of piping over these. but still have this air feeding back from carb inlet. could there be a sealing problem in or around the carb???????? the car itself has had around 2.5 litres of tornado 16% through it.

PS.. my mate has a rush evo and is having the same problem as me!!!!

any suggestions would be very helpful, thanks!

I've had this before with my Rush, both times it has been caused by an air leak in the fuel lines.

Prime the engine as normal but dont start it. Leave the fuel in the fuel line and see if its stays put, if it starts to seep back into the tank your problem is with the fuel line.

i ve been trawling, and have found on a site that if air is leaking in the system somewhere and having replaced fuel line etc, to put "silicone sealant" around the base of the carb and needles.

a - what silicone do you think they mean? gasket sealer?

b - is this safe for the engine??

ta