• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Finally chosen a Largescale...

Mr Terminator

If you want a quietish pipe that produces a good amount of power throughout the rev range, the Meilke is a fanstastic choice.. Its probably one of the quietest pipes for the badger.. Me personally prefer the crosser sound hehhe :D

fd160mielkebajapipe.jpg

Edited by Merlin

Yeah,I was told about the Mielke but theres no way i'd have a side pipe,they're minging,the TGN can looks like a tumour... :lol: The rear Dom or Jetpro V3 are the only two i'd have out of all the tuned pipes.... :)

Yeah,I was told about the Mielke but theres no way i'd have a side pipe,they're minging,the TGN can looks like a tumour... :lol: The rear Dom or Jetpro V4 are the only two i'd have out of all the tuned pipes.... :)

Im right with on that Mr T side pipes euck!!!!!! Also I dont think that thay fit with the look of the buggy when was the last time you sore a real live buggy with a side pipe?

Oh my, she's been out on her first run and what a machine, especially after the XRC. destroyed the school footy pitch doing donuts and hanging the back end out drift style every where even destroying the rears on car park doing donuts, the xrc would hang the tail out in the wet or if you lifted and powered again getting your timing spot on if you were lucky but this thing, need a bigger field me thinks.

Very nice Mr. T looks very nice :) I think i'm going to get a petrol too sometime next year not sure what i'll go for yet though. Also how much are you selling your Lightning GTX2 for? My friend may be interested

I'll take some pics as soon as they're fitted.Not sure on delivery times from RC Demon but ordered them before 8am this morning so may well have them tomorrow.Its all coming together nicely,a few have commented on how quick it is in the video for a stocker which is pleasing,still gotta have more,more power,power,POWERRRRRRRR..... :lol:

The GTX2 has been sold already matey,adrenalinjunki bought her and i'll be shipping her off tomorrow... ;)

Ah ok never midn then then :P What nitros do you still have?

Cant wait to see some pics of all the upgrades on too :good:

Still got my Genesis LE,VRX-2 Pro,MG 16's and my little Acme NB16T which i've been upgrading aswell witha 2 speed and some other goodies.The VRX-2 still needs 2 front shocks as they were damaged in the smash I had.... :D

Still got my Genesis LE,VRX-2 Pro,MG 16's and my little Acme NB16T which i've been upgrading aswell witha 2 speed and some other goodies.The VRX-2 still needs 2 front shocks as they were damaged in the smash I had.... :D

Kool, i'm not sure whether to keep my Hyper or sell it and save up for a good petrol like ur Baja 5B (most likely the RTR) or the FG Marder sometime next year

Edited by Furious

Mr.T when you say roll cage mod do you mean that you can remove the front of the cage without the rear like i have seen pics of on other cars?If so do you have a link or pic of it?Thanks.Just seen your pics in the gallery and its the mod i was thinking of.What size tubeing do i need?Thanks again.

Edited by martin34

Mr.T when you say roll cage mod do you mean that you can remove the front of the cage without the rear like i have seen pics of on other cars?If so do you have a link or pic of it?Thanks.

Yes - thats it.

Carl sent me some aluminium tube so that I could do the same with mine - top work :good:

You simply cut the roll cage a couple of cm forward of where the rear shock brace is. Slide the tube over the 2 split ends to join them together again - acts like a splint.

I used large bodyclips through holes drilled in the tube/rollcage to secure it.

Works brilliantly and saves a load of hassle getting the rollcage off for cleaning etc.

What size tubeing do i need?Thanks again.

IIRC - the rollcage is 10 or 11 mm in diameter - you'll need to check this with some calipers.

You want the fit to be quite snug so there is no play inside the join.

I was in B&Q the other evening and noticed they had stock of aluminium tubing in various diameters. Might be worth a try :confused:

Thanks happylad :good: .I just got my baja lastnite and that is a must have mod.it is a total pain haveing to take the rear shock mount off everytime you remove the cage :confused: (This is my second baja).I got rid of the first because believe it or not i was spending to much on hopups but here i go again!!I just have to have some of modifieds parts off of hbf rofl

Edited by martin34

Been out this weekend and put two tanks per day through her so i think it should be ok to swap pipe over now? Been on a moto x track thats got some good jumps on it but is a bit loose so back end snaking every where doing donuts and sliding rear out all the time, what a toy. i'm so glad i sold that XRC-2. Here's a couple of pics with no mods yet

DSC01848.jpg

DSC01849.jpg

DSC01850.jpg

DSC01851.jpg

These tyres aren't going to last long though

Been out this weekend and put two tanks per day through her so i think it should be ok to swap pipe over now? Been on a moto x track thats got some good jumps on it but is a bit loose so back end snaking every where doing donuts and sliding rear out all the time, what a toy. i'm so glad i sold that XRC-2. Here's a couple of pics with no mods yet

DSC01848.jpg

DSC01849.jpg

DSC01850.jpg

DSC01851.jpg

These tyres aren't going to last long though

looking good mate,will be much better with the tuned pipe but still wont be as fast as the xrc rofl .

A good bit of news i no longer have to sell my baja :good: well happy now!

Well before I got ill I had the Baja out and ended up snapping the pinion bolt just slightly took the edge off the spur gear at rhe back end,tidied the spur up and that is still great and managed to get the snapped bolt out the clutchbell.I think a Turtle CB and ramtech cover/carrier are in order,already got a 12.9 pinion bolt and think i'm gonna order a HD pinion too.The carrier isn't upto the task imo and with the HPI CBs not running as true as i'd like,that seems to put strain on the bearings and have chewed the rubber sheild off the CB side.

I think its time to put the 1/8th buggy up for sale to fund the next lot of upgrades,still waiting on my stuff from RC Demon as some bits weren't in stock in the colours I wanted,also ordered a full set of Dark Soul axle extenders from Tulare Hobbies,wish i'd of ordered the lot from them guys in the first place,seems I would have got them quicker.... :) Oh yeah,i've found three sheets of alloy mesh I got years ago to repair a fairing on a bike,its the stuff that bridges the gaps in auto bodywork to stop the filler falling through,Plastic Padding alloy mesh,awesome,just made for the case mesh mod.... ;)

Glad you don't need to sell now Matt,thats great news fella.... :good: