• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

thunder tiger eb4

Car is fine and there no problem in changing engines, although i dont see the point on putting anything bigger then a race .21. I had one and used it for bashing and racing and it was fine.

Only reason i changed is because a X1CR pro came along at a great price

I got the S3 that comes with the Pro 28 engine and think its a great car but that's coming from a 1/8th buggy virgin.

Sure the .21 engine will be good for bashing too.

See little need to change it unless you're gonna start racing but if that's the case it's probably better to go for something different

As a basher it'll be good. Make sure you got easy access to parts tho. Modelzone sell Thunder Tigers so if got one of them in local shopping centre you should be good plus there seem to be plenty of places online where you can get spares too.

I'd say its a good car for bashing. So far haven't had to replace anything, just depends on how much abuse you're gonna give it but have heard they're very tough.

It will take a .28. All cars that accept a .21 engine will accept a .28 engine. I would get the Virus over the S2 as its outdated now, and I've had experience of 2 and they aren't the toughest things, but they handle well.

:D

I've got a HBX CVX-2 and so has Mr Terminator although he has the Pro version.

It cost less than 200 and has a Go .21 3 port, which takes some running in (a gallon at least) bjut is very strong and great bottom end power.

I like this buggy, it is strong and it is a great engine.Only thing is you won't have the range of spares options that you would have for say a Hyper 7.

Enjoy whatever you get

Hippo17

Also, dont just go sticking a bigger engine in because you think it is better. A 21 will potentially be faster and you wil get longer runtimes, a 28 will just suck fuel and not rev as high.

You can get more speed from a .28, as you can gear them up far higher, up to a 20-22 tooth clutch bell.

Yeah that will increase top speed (at the expense of acceleration) but how often does a buggy get to top speed.

A 21 will accelerate quicker, be lighter and run for longer on its fuel.

Besides, he is only bashing so why does he want to get involved in trying to make an engine do something it wont do as standard by messing around with cluctchbells.

Do what you want. Someone will be telling you you need to install