• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

T-Maxx good to buy?

bridge32

Im moving from on roadnitro to off road and wanted to know what people think of the T-Maxx rtr set (the 2.5cc engine) Is it any good as i can get one for £275 delivered. I have been using model technics 16% fuel with my on road nitro and still have half a gallon left so can i use this fuel to run in and run all the time with? What should i be carefull of, i mean what goes wrong?

Any advice would be grateful. Oh, yeah, what does it have ie: 2 speed and reverse? pull start etc thanks,

Nic.

For all the Information Vist Traxxas Website,

As to Weak Points,

What has gone wrong or Broke with mine after having 1 Gallon Through it.

2 X Lower Arms - Easy Fix there. Dont Hit a Ramp. Hit the Ramp on the other side of the one i was jumping and they broke. Think most would when doing 40MPH Into a Solid Ramp.

1 X Spur Gear. Just wear and Tare.

1 X Servo after getting it Wet.

What People say is weak.

The Engine. Never had one problem with mine a fires up every time.

Great buy for £275 and you wont regreat it.

Thanks,

Philip.

No. For #275 I'd reccommend a savage for a little more, nearly indestrctable, unlike the T-Maxx. Of coure people will disagree with me, don't bother flaming, everyone has a different opinion, I just think the syock T-Maxx is fragile!

yep i agree, there is really NO reason to buy the tmaxx. horribly outdated and while youll still have fun with it, there are loads of other far better choices.

if your looking for a solid hilariously fun offroader to drive, get the HPI MT2 18SS. about that price (obviosuly need extras like tools, batteries, fuel etc but you would need that for anycar).

this car is loads of fun, durable, and definatly the best in your price range. highly recommended (used to own one until it got stolen, sad sad day :D )

Edited by kevinb456