• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Micro T nightmare AHHHHH!

t4ttyt3ddy

Hi

I have a little issue with my micro T, this morning I got to work nice and early so I could install the upgrades I have purchased for my wifes B-day pressie.

The first problem I have is that I cant get the damn E-clips off, when I got it, the previous owner had already turned the wheels around to give it a wider stance but now I can't get those damn E-clips off so that I can install my new threaded axels any tips on this!

The other problem I got is that I was trying to put it back together and had the screw, that holds the wheel in, in the pliers when PING off it flies accross the office and now I can't find it! so have ordered a set of screws from RC-model imports! Why is nothing ever easy :(

Bob

Ah the old annoying e-clips :lol:

I wrap a bag around the wheel first so that when the e-clip does ping off, and you can gurantee it will, when you least expect it to, it'll be caught in the bag.

I then stab thru the bag with a small jewelers screwdriver and use that to remove the e-clips.

It takes a bit of practice but you will soon figure out the technique for removing them, heres mine...

1) Get annoyed

2) Get more annoyed

3) Swear a bit

4) Stab self in the hand with screwdriver / knife

5) Swear some more

6) Stem the flow of blood

7) Realize the e-clip pinged off just before you stabbed yourself

8) Swear and stamp feet

9) Crawl about on your hands and knees with a magnet trying to locate poxy e-clip

10) Give in and order up some threaded axle stubs ;)

Ah the old annoying e-clips :lol:

I wrap a bag around the wheel first so that when the e-clip does ping off, and you can gurantee it will, when you least expect it to, it'll be caught in the bag.

I then stab thru the bag with a small jewelers screwdriver and use that to remove the e-clips.

It takes a bit of practice but you will soon figure out the technique for removing them, heres mine...

1) Get annoyed

2) Get more annoyed

3) Swear a bit

4) Stab self in the hand with screwdriver / knife

5) Swear some more

6) Stem the flow of blood

7) Realize the e-clip pinged off just before you stabbed yourself

8) Swear and stamp feet

9) Crawl about on your hands and knees with a magnet trying to locate poxy e-clip

10) Give in and order up some threaded axle stubs ;)

Thanks for the advice, I have got threaded axels now thats why I need to get the damn e-clips off!!!!