• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

motorbike laws

Rc_mad

A 125 flat at 30? Are you sure it wasn't a crappy 50?

If it was a 4 stroke it would push 50 very easily, a 2 stroke it would be pushing 70 as standard (a few of them can crack the ton when de restricted)

Depending on what car you drive, you'd be happy to know that the majority of 125 4 strokes will beat you to 30, get a decent rider that knows how to use the gears and accelerate hard while keeping the front end down then you wouldn't be laughing at them until about 50.

I find it funny when numpties in cars try and race me off the lights, you even see some in their chavved up corsa's trying it on with sports bikes :lol:

no, its not 50cc, and yes 30ish as today i was in my bros focus rs behind him and he was in middle of road and we couldnt overtake him becuase there was a bend coming up so we had to wait for a straight :(

might just be because he is fat but he isnt realy that big...

quick edit:

just remembered that today i saw my mates cousin on his aprillia scooter, and for once it was a scooter THAT DIDNT SOUND LIKE A STRANGLED HAIRDRYER ?!?

looked quite nippy too ;)

Edited by midi-mania

One of the only bits of advice I got off my dad was that Scooters are like fat birds, Great fun to ride but you more often than not get the mick taken out of you for riding one lol

love that saying :D

saw it on a t-shirt

the only reason I was thinking about getting one is because the law is ment to be changing the age of driving to 18 if your born in 92 or after which means me being born in 92 ment 18 till can drive :/

but as its not changing probly just go for a car :D

love that saying :D

saw it on a t-shirt

the only reason I was thinking about getting one is because the law is ment to be changing the age of driving to 18 if your born in 92 or after which means me being born in 92 ment 18 till can drive :/

but as its not changing probly just go for a car :D

That rumour has been going about for ages, people were saying it when I was 17 and I am 23 now so I can't see it happening to be honest mate. Scooters are great fun. I had a Piaggio in Tenereife at our apartment for a while, it was the easiest way of getting around the island without a driving licence.

I bought a kmx 125 when i was 17 after doing my cbt, and now have a full license and a wr450 shown below. I have been riding off road bikes though since i was knee high to a grasshopper lol.

Edited by Merlin

• 3 months later...
You can have anything under 33bhp when you are 17, but only if you have passed your light motorcycle test, if not your limited to a 125cc = under 8bhp as far as i know (any one knows different please correct me) after 2 years on the light license you can go to anything, just think, a 1300cc 220mph crunching hyabusa at 19 :D:D:D (youd be in a coffin very quick me thinks :P ) if your over 21 you can do a direct access to any power bike, but you have to be 21, at 16 you have to get a cbt (compulsory basic training) which is valid for 2 years, then u can ride any 50cc bike, until you pass your test, but all the laws are changing in October and making it very difficult to pass a motorcycle test, so bad timing for you matey, blame your parents :P

Also you all speak about derestricitng and modifying ect, but at the same time are making sure the bikes are road legal, why bother? as soon as you derestrict it or modify it, its illegal, and your insurance is void, why not just get a 250cc out right if your going to blatantly disregard the law with derestrictions and modifications anyway :confused:

BTW if you do decide to do it legally and get insurance, (because if your modifying it theres no point, as it'll be void) your looking at about

i had an aerox in jaguar colour scheme and de restricted it did 50 to 55 down hill, if your getting an acctual 70 mph from yours its gona pop pretty dam soon as my 07 plate rs 125 restricted wouldnt push over 65.

For a 50 expect a cruise speed of 40-45 and 50-55 for tuned and sport peds. Dont tune it you only look silly imo as their just noise if tampered with. That said the rs50 can do 60-65 with sports pipe etc and they do look like a sports bike.

i had an aerox in jaguar colour scheme and de restricted it did 50 to 55 down hill, if your getting an acctual 70 mph from yours its gona pop pretty dam soon as my 07 plate rs 125 restricted wouldnt push over 65.

For a 50 expect a cruise speed of 40-45 and 50-55 for tuned and sport peds. Dont tune it you only look silly imo as their just noise if tampered with. That said the rs50 can do 60-65 with sports pipe etc and they do look like a sports bike.

how is it gonna pop..? its not running lean or anythin, not overheating, my dads a mechanic so its looked after pretty well, and its not just de restricted its got a perfromance pipe on it

how is it gonna pop..? its not running lean or anythin, not overheating, my dads a mechanic so its looked after pretty well, and its not just de restricted its got a perfromance pipe on it

becuase itll be running flat out.

youll do the piston in very soon if you run it at 70mph for more thana few mins, snapped ring = complete top end rebuild

in the CDI unit, why do you think you can buy a unlimited revs CDI unit..? so there isnt a limiter

so you have a restricted cdi...yet your aerox will do 70....right.

2strokes dont have a limiter....they will just rev till they will not rev no more, at that point, failiure is imminent.

just adding a pipe to it wont bump the speed up from 50 or so derestricted to 70...change of rollers, carb jetting, vario, clutch....i know, ive been there and done it all to an SR50 :lol:

Hey guys, i'm turning 16 on 15th sept, nd i'm getting a bike, the one i've got is a Honda SS 50, 1970's bike, cos its so old, it doesnt need road tax, and i think its derestricted, will do about 45mph on a good day. Its in good nick aswell, its 4 speed, so it doesnt go screaming along, and sounds great unlike these new hair dryers, also think its looks more of a bike then a moped, taking my CBT on it.

IMG_1021Large.jpg

IMG_1022Large.jpg

IMG_1023Large.jpg

so you have a restricted cdi...yet your aerox will do 70....right.

2strokes dont have a limiter....they will just rev till they will not rev no more, at that point, failiure is imminent.

just adding a pipe to it wont bump the speed up from 50 or so derestricted to 70...change of rollers, carb jetting, vario, clutch....i know, ive been there and done it all to an SR50 :lol:

an aprilia sr 50..? there ****²e...theyve got weird electronics(if its the injection)... yeah it HAS got a limiter...like they all have.. and obviously you dont know about it...mines the 02 plate aerox..from 2003 they changed the carb on them..which made them slower... the pre 03's are fast..mine did 55-60 restricted.. and i put a gianelli tuned exhaust on and it bumped the top end upto 70.. i think i would know..as it is my scooter..

Hey guys, i'm turning 16 on 15th sept, nd i'm getting a bike, the one i've got is a Honda SS 50, 1970's bike, cos its so old, it doesnt need road tax, and i think its derestricted, will do about 45mph on a good day. Its in good nick aswell, its 4 speed, so it doesnt go screaming along, and sounds great unlike these new hair dryers, also think its looks more of a bike then a moped, taking my CBT on it.

IMG_1021Large.jpg

IMG_1022Large.jpg

IMG_1023Large.jpg

cool bike.. you'd be able to do soo much to the engine on that

an aprilia sr 50..? there ****²e...theyve got weird electronics(if its the injection)... yeah it HAS got a limiter...like they all have.. and obviously you dont know about it...mines the 02 plate aerox..from 2003 they changed the carb on them..which made them slower... the pre 03's are fast..mine did 55-60 restricted.. and i put a gianelli tuned exhaust on and it bumped the top end upto 70.. i think i would know..as it is my scooter..

my sr50 was an old one with a carb...it was a complete waste to even bother doing anything to it.

and no, 2stroke engines DO NOT have redlines/limiters like a 4stroke would...the cdi is there to stop people (fools?) from over revving the engine, if you remove that, your asking for it to go pop..

ill shut up now, i must know nothing...and its spoiling the thread argueing.

my sr50 was an old one with a carb...it was a complete waste to even bother doing anything to it.

and no, 2stroke engines DO NOT have redlines/limiters like a 4stroke would...the cdi is there to stop people (fools?) from over revving the engine, if you remove that, your asking for it to go pop..

ill shut up now, i must know nothing...and its spoiling the thread argueing.

obviously they do, okay..back to topic..:)

IMG_1021Large.jpg

IMG_1022Large.jpg

IMG_1023Large.jpg

classic! I agree, it's much better than a hairdrier. I laugh so hard when I hear them running along on the rev limiters thinking they're cool.

does anybody know if i could get a KTM exc 125 on the road at 17..? i dont know what BHP they are..so just wondering

You will need to do your test to be able to ride a 33bhp bike, the exc 125 is around the 30bhp mark standard so you would need to get it restricted to around 15bhp to legally ride it on a cbt . Maybe try putting it on a dyno with the powervalve disconnected? but that would be so boring to ride.

I had a rs125 at 17 which was fully derestricted with L plates but i wouldnt recommend doing it because basically you are not insured and have no license for this so god help you if you crash into anyone!

Edited by The Masochist

Not much help I'd guess but I can tell you what I'm doing at 17...

Taking my test in the Isle of Mann! The law there is after 17 you can take a test on any capacity, any power (BMW 650 GS! :P ). My dad has a house there so all I need to do is register it there, then I can bring it back over to the mainland for 3 months at a time. All I need to do is go there once every 3 months and its all legal.

I've had bikes since I was 5 and have done many trials competitions ever since then. I had a 320 cc two-stroke for a couple of years (sold it over the summer to fund the nitro :P ). That taught me a lot of control! I still have my Honda TLR250R which is an absolute beauty.

( And the 650 GS awsomeness.)