• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

PISTON JAMMED

crouchy

hi guys jst wondered if sum1 can help me. took revo out 2day and wudnt change gear all of the time. when it did it died in power and engine sounded a little rattlerly. in the end after trying to turn it over the piston jst jammed stiff. i tried the tdc procedure but its that stiff im jst sheering teeth :(.

its only 2 months old and i dont no what could be the problem.

could sum1 plz help..... :helpsmilie:

hi guys jst wondered if sum1 can help me. took revo out 2day and wudnt change gear all of the time. when it did it died in power and engine sounded a little rattlerly. in the end after trying to turn it over the piston jst jammed stiff. i tried the tdc procedure but its that stiff im jst sheering teeth :(.

its only 2 months old and i dont no what could be the problem.

could sum1 plz help..... :helpsmilie:

oh dude that dont sound good :( and i dont kno much about nitro engines but this is coming from my own experience with the 3.3 your problem is sounding just like mine. i took my engine apart to find i had a broken conrod and piston :( im guessing its not flooded tho :rolleyes: so best option would be to take the engine apart and have a gander inside :good: if anythings gone wrong you will see it. then id just send it to traxxas in bristol and they would sort it out under the ERP as its only new ^_^

steve

oh dude that dont sound good :( and i dont kno much about nitro engines but this is coming from my own experience with the 3.3 your problem is sounding just like mine. i took my engine apart to find i had a broken conrod and piston :( im guessing its not flooded tho :rolleyes: so best option would be to take the engine apart and have a gander inside :good: if anythings gone wrong you will see it. then id just send it to traxxas in bristol and they would sort it out under the ERP as its only new ^_^

steve

ye typical init ive just bought the rpm front end as you advised me. now somthing else goes wrong. 2 be honest the piston does look like its got a hole in the top of it., if that sounds normal.

i bought it from msuk wonder if they could or would do anything for me

ye typical init ive just bought the rpm front end as you advised me. now somthing else goes wrong. 2 be honest the piston does look like its got a hole in the top of it., if that sounds normal.

i bought it from msuk wonder if they could or would do anything for me

oh dude :o that dont sound good at all and no its not ment to have a hole in the top :lol: i dont think ms can do anything. if i was you id have a gander inside the engine first and have a look. but if you dont wanna mess about with it give traxxas a call they are very good. and if they think ur engine is in need of looking at they will sort it out usualy within a few days :good: providing you have done everything to the manual. running in etc they should replace it or fix it under the ERP for free ^_^ heres the addy and number dude

Traxxas U.K.

P.O. Box 1128

Winterbourne, Bristol

BS36-2SH, England

Phone: 44-117-956-1002

Fax 44-117-956-1121

steve

oh yea and what you think to the rpm arms and stuff? nice aint they :D

i dont no weather to open it, id like too, but worried jst incase it voids the warranty if i tamper with the engine

i dont think it would :confused: but like i said b4 ^_^ just give em a call and explain it to one of the guys there at traxxas and they will help you :good: they offerd me a new 3.3 engine for

oh dude :o that dont sound good at all and no its not ment to have a hole in the top :lol: i dont think ms can do anything. if i was you id have a gander inside the engine first and have a look. but if you dont wanna mess about with it give traxxas a call they are very good. and if they think ur engine is in need of looking at they will sort it out usualy within a few days :good: providing you have done everything to the manual. running in etc they should replace it or fix it under the ERP for free ^_^ heres the addy and number dude

Traxxas U.K.

P.O. Box 1128

Winterbourne, Bristol

BS36-2SH, England

Phone: 44-117-956-1002

Fax 44-117-956-1121

steve

oh yea and what you think to the rpm arms and stuff? nice aint they :D

thamks mate your very helpfull will give them a call and thanks for the number.....

ye really pleased with the rpm gear jst fitted it all with new push rods too. was hoping to go and give it a bit..... bummer :good: