• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

***** Not again...

Revorocks

This is the second time this has happened now. the front bearing in my engine is breaking up. ive sent it off to traxxas again.

this time i have sent if off with the engine in working order, unlike last time where the bearing had shattered and shreaded my engine. now when i start the engine it makes a very loud grinding/rattling sound. but like ive said they will tell me once theyve bench tested it.

also another problem is the backplate, i think its leaking around the starter shaft as my OWB keeps slipping, even after a new one. and every time i take off the ez start the OWB is covered in oil, also i can see small bubbles around it when i blow through the engine.

What on earth am i doing wrong, it ran fine, great performance, wheelies and everything, and always smokey,

i run on Modeltechnics 16%.

Please help...

Just seems that the TRX 3.3 engine is not very robust nor reliable,your probably doing nothing wrong mate,the same story keeps cropping up on this and other forums concerning premature bearing failure in the 3.3.... :confused: