• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas 3.3 engine

MANNY

Last weekend i was out with the revo when i noticed the engine sounding rough .This is the third engine that ive had now and in each case the rear bearing has failed.Why are these engines so bloody expensive any way?IM going to stick to the 2.5 engine as the one in my jato is going strong after 2 gallons.Has any one else had this problem as when i told modelsport they said it was a new one on them.

Last weekend i was out with the revo when i noticed the engine sounding rough .This is the third engine that ive had now and in each case the rear bearing has failed.Why are these engines so bloody expensive any way?IM going to stick to the 2.5 engine as the one in my jato is going strong after 2 gallons.Has any one else had this problem as when i told modelsport they said it was a new one on them.

Hi, yes i have had exactly the same problem, it runs fine, then starts making a very loud grinding/rattling sound for a couple of tanks, then dies and the engine is full of shrapnel. the 3.3's are quite common for doing this. i thought it was me but its happening to everyone!

sorry to hear it. just let traxxas fix it and sell it and buy somthing better like an RB or Picco

Hi, yes i have had exactly the same problem, it runs fine, then starts making a very loud grinding/rattling sound for a couple of tanks, then dies and the engine is full of shrapnel. the 3.3's are quite common for doing this. i thought it was me but its happening to everyone!

sorry to hear it. just let traxxas fix it and sell it and buy somthing better like an RB or Picco

Whats the picco conversion for the revo like?Ive had the rb 323 in my revo and it developed an air leak at the front bearing after a gallon.I just want an easy to tune engine that got plenty of grunt .ideas any one?

The Picco engines I have had my hands on have been excellent. Make a great sound too .

And having to replace the front bearing after a gallon isn't excessive m8

Think i will go with the picco off modelsport.Not a bad price as well.Is it more powerful than the trx 3.3?

• 1 month later...
Think i will go with the picco off modelsport.Not a bad price as well.Is it more powerful than the trx 3.3?

yea its a hell of alot more powerful, bout 2. somthing horsepower... the 3.3 is only 1. but has a great powerband. guess what my engine has done it again and this time traxxas wont fix it... i mean this is reduculus. im not the only one so its obviosly a common problem.

The Picco engines I have had my hands on have been excellent. Make a great sound too .

And having to replace the front bearing after a gallon isn't excessive m8

it is expensive when it shreds and ruins your whole engine with shrapnel, it happened to me twice!

well... cant you just get an upgraded bearing??? (if these exist) just seems like such a simple fix...

the 3.3 is not a common engine size otherwise it should be easy to get different bearings or even steal them from another engine.