• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

steering failure

mad nige

hi guys need a little help here ive fitted a tower pro mg 995 to my hyper 7 (only just run in) was going fine but after about 5 mins of running ,if i go full throttle the steering freezes ,back of to half throttle steering comes back and is ok im running it on 4 aa's do these servos draw that much current to do that please help guys :helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

Do you have a failsafe. If not it could be something to do with the voltagte. Get a hump pack. Tower pros use more battery up, so putting the car to full throttle may drain the voltage below the servos working limit.

yea m8 got a failsafe but its the built in one im running the 2.4ghz acoms system ive got a 6 v batteries but havent had time to try that out yet,its just lucky i was in a big field when it happened :shockingscary:

Im using 4 energizer lithium batteries at the moment and seem to have cured the probs i had with the mg995.

I have had about 3 bashing sessions at 2 hours a piece with no probs.But i do keep the car indoors (keep them warm).

ive got some 2300 mah packs but ive got to change my switch cos the plugs are different but im hoping this solves the prob ,scared the life out of me when it happened as i was heading towards some posts when the steering froze

ive got some 2300 mah packs but ive got to change my switch cos the plugs are different but im hoping this solves the prob ,scared the life out of me when it happened as i was heading towards some posts when the steering froze

Yes m8 steps the hart rate up :shockingscary:

I use a Venom 6v 1200mh hump pack with my Hyper and use a Tower Pro MG995 for steering with no problems.The TP's are quite high drain and it will deffo be sucking the life out of the normal AA's.... :good: