• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

TT-01 gearing

Turner Boy

19 tooth pinion / 78 tooth spur

78/19 - 4.10 x 2.6 = 10.6 overall ratio... perfect for a brushless

If it gets too hot after running that.. then try an 80 tooth spur for 10.9 overall ratio

ok nice one mate, small problem however :P

just had a lok, looks like biggest spur is a 58, so what size pinion would i need with this?

Nope i tell a lie,just found a 62t, any ideas?

Edited by Turner Boy

With a TT01 you can only fit certain spur gears and pinions, but you'll need a 20t pinion and a 61t spur to get 7.93 overall, which should be fine for bashing/carpark use.

tt01gearingtg4.jpg

Right it has come to my attention (cheers andy) that if i run my BL in my tt-01 with stock gearin it mite go boom lol oops lol

so what gearing do i need to run it on with the mamba 6900kv combo?

Cheers people

Scott.

set it at 25/55 thats the setting for top end,but it will still pull like made,but as its for top end you should be ok

• 3 weeks later...

well after a few runs with stock gearing its gotta be pulling 50mph easily, and the rough calculation for when i gear it up come in at 75mph B)

Ok Ok most of us know that a tt-01 will never do 75mph, but i reckon i can achieve 65+ before stuff starts to melt, whaddya think?

Edited by Turner Boy

I ran a Nosram matrix and 5 star brushless motor,with 4800maH lipo in my Tamiya TT01R,i used the standard kit spur gear and the smallest pinion for accelleration.It was crazy fast ,really good fun and i wore the chassis out totally.Ended up locking the diffs ,burning out drift tyres,blowing tyres off rims ect.Top stuff.I then transplanted it all into a Tamiya DF02 Gravel Hound,geared that down as much as poss and had loads of fun with that,although it kept on thermal tripping because of poor air flow.15 + minute run times too.

I have just transplanted all the electrics into a Genetic 4WD Mini,will see how that goes :)

Should be pretty kool, ive only put it in the tt-01 for a laff, end of the day when it kills the chassis and drive train, i put all the hop ups onto another £50 chassis and start again lol, s'all good :D

Im going with small spur big pinion just for top end, got a brushless rc18t to have a laff with so this can be a speed demon lol

• 4 weeks later...