• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Ah bugger

m3lyc

Just got back from a very muddy bash and found out my pullstart handle has snapped off. The plastic tube bit melted with it been right next to the exhaust manifold. Damn. So instead of trying to fix or replace it, im going to get a starter box. I dont really want to be spending more than £50 on one so the SMD one is out of the question. So has anyone got any reccomendations as to one that will start a Power Factory .26 which is the stock engine in my Hot Bodies 1:8th lightning stadium sport please? Thanks in advance.

Lee.

Edited by m3lyc

are u sure you can use astarter box on that

Yep. It aint got that much compression even though its almost brand new. Was never hard to pull unless I flooded it and it would even start flooded, bit of revving and it was perfect.

Yep. It aint got that much compression even though its almost brand new. Was never hard to pull unless I flooded it and it would even start flooded, bit of revving and it was perfect.

Its not important how much compression the enigne has got as a starter box will turn over a completly fresh engine

Can the car even be started by a starter box!!??... is the hole in the bottom of the chassis big enough to get the starter box wheel into ?

Edited by Nick Priest

Its not important how much compression the enigne has got as a starter box will turn over a completly fresh engine

Can the car even be started by a starter box!!??... is the hole in the bottom of the chassis big enough to get the starter box wheel into ?

ive just looked on da hpi webby and yes it is and i already asked that

I fixed it!

It was easy aswell, I had a few old pullstarts knocking about from old cars which were broken so i took a handle off one of the old ones, took the pullstart off my car, poked the string back through, tied the new handle on it then put the starter back on. And it works. Excellent. Now to put my hump pack on charge again so I can drive it tommorrow.......