• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XTM Monster MT

Bigal-85

Hi guys,

I am in the market for a bigger RC truck. I have been looking at the usual Savage, Revo, T Maxx, Genesis (GST 7.7) and so on but a local model shop has told me to look at the

XTM Monster MT

and the

Thunder Tiger MTA 4

Has anyone had any experience with these models. They are certainly both big enough but I don't want to waste money. Any views would be great thanks.

Al

Hi guys,

I am in the market for a bigger RC truck. I have been looking at the usual Savage, Revo, T Maxx, Genesis (GST 7.7) and so on but a local model shop has told me to look at the

XTM Monster MT

and the

Thunder Tiger MTA 4

Has anyone had any experience with these models. They are certainly both big enough but I don't want to waste money. Any views would be great thanks.

Al

Hi mate,I've had a MT4A they're pretty good but are'nt in the same league as the Genesis,infact neither of the two are.... :) I may be able to offer you a Genesis with 2 bodyshells for £210.... :P

I recently read a review on the XTM MT in the Rc Racer mag (Jan08 issue) And they said its great, although it relies on braces for support, and has a flat 3mm chassis, so it could be prone to bending. Also the pull start is right next to (and i mean hugging) the exhaust pipe, so it could melt. Good points: Its huge (i mean huge) great radio gear (40mhz with high torque metal geared servos) and has good shocks (threaded) They said it'll reach 40mph. So overall i'd say it looks like a good package. You can upgrade the pull start to roto start, and i think you can better better braces for more strength they gave it 4.5/5 rating.

its the american version of the xtm mammoth and the newer version morealess and the mammoth is a great bit of kit for the money i cant really break it the only thing iv done is a few gears on the 2 speed box although expected with what i was doing lol

and one gear on the diff

excellent bit of kit

and its a hell of alot stronger than a revo as my brother was running his doing the same stuff i was doing and broke so muc hstuff its untrue

Still only got a .28 engine and is not as wide as Genesis,not as heavy and heavy is good in truck thats why they put a 5hp 7.7cc engine in it to match weight and 3spd standard plus 10kg BB all alloy geared servos x 3.If you've never tried or heard a Genesis you'd get one,the terrain this of mine can go across at speed and still be drivable is unreal.... :good:

• 1 year later...

Is this the same truck ast the old Mammoth because I loved that truck. Sure it had lots of problems like not enough chassis bracing, bendy shock towers and diff casings that flexed under load but I still loved it. I put an SH28 in it and the diff case life was even shorter but everything else was pretty strong.